Girls Will Be Girls

That was the last conversation Nikki and Evie had on the night of the first show of the tour

That was the last conversation Nikki and Evie had on the night of the first show of the tour. They sat in a few more minutes of comfortable silence before Doc McGhee came to tell them that the bus was there to take them to the next city.

It was a two and a half hour drive, and Evie fell asleep before all the members had even made it onto the bus. Though the roadies had their own bus, Mick was forcing her to travel with the band. He even offered for Diana, being the only other woman on the staff, to join them, but Diana saw what Mick couldn't: that his three band mates were more dangerous than all of the five male roadies combined.

When he saw them sitting silently at the bar, Doc recognized that Evie and Nikki would be the easiest to tame, so they were the first ones he ushered onto the bus. Evie immediately went into the bathroom, splashed water on her face, changed into pajamas, then climbed up the ladder that led to her bunk.

Nikki was in a sort of daze. He too got into his bunk without any argument, but he didn't seem to be trying to sleep. Her bed being up and across from his, Evie could see that Nikki was just staring blankly at a wall.

The next member to make it onto the bus was Mick. Evie was already beginning to drift off to sleep, but she could hear his drunken mumblings before feeling a cold, rough hand pat her arm. Evie didn't know if he was trying to wake her up, but if he was, he didn't try very hard. About ten seconds later, she felt and heard movement coming from the bunk underneath her.

The last thing Evie heard before she fell asleep was a manchild drummer whining to Doc about not wanting to leave.

The next day was like a repeat of the previous one, only a bit less stressful. Evie was awoken at about three o'clock in the morning and led off the bus and into a hotel room. Diana was already there, munching on chips on the bed. She tried to make some conversation about how the night went (Diana had opted to stay on the bus and drink with some of her coworkers instead of going to the bar, so she knew nothing about the night Evie had had), but all Evie wanted to do was go to sleep.

The next time she was awoken, it was nine a.m. The girls showered, picked out cute outfits, did their makeup, and then walked to the gas station across the street to get some junk food. Breakfast, as they called it.

While they were eating, someone knocked on the door. It was Mick. He just came in to check on them. Or so he said. He actually wanted to talk to Evie about what he saw at the bar the night before, but he had completely forgotten that she had a roommate now. So he just stole a bag of pretzels and asked them about their first night on the job, and how they were liking the mischief that was bound to occur after the show was over.

Finally, Mick left and the girls had about two hours before they had to begin working. They sat in the hotel room, talking about their childhoods and their career goals. Then Diana watched a British sitcom on the TV while Evie read a book.