"The audacity of this man," Maya scoffed as she turned and glared at Karam, "Why are you so adamant on knowing what happened? What will you do? Or better yet, what would you have done if you have known about this back in the day? Pretend your sister is dead? Abandon her? Oh, wait you already did that.." She crossed her arms, mockingly. 

"You. Know. Nothing." Karam's eyes flashed dangerously as he balled his fists.

"Oh believe me I know more than enough." 

"Both of you shut the hell up." Hasan said firmly, "How many times do I have to say that we need to be careful around Kanz and we don't want to stress her more than she already is." 

"Maya," Hasan addressed his sister, "We know that Kanz is your best friend and you are very overprotective of her because of what happened but please cut Karam some slack as he is trying to make amends." 

"And you, Karam," Hasan turned to face him as he started talking, "Even if Maya knew something more about that incident, it's not her place to say so don't take your anger on her or your problem will be with me. If you want to know what happened to Kanz, ask her directly and nicely." 

"We will leave now," Alex said after all people calmed a little, "We will pass by tomorrow to check on Kanz." He finished and Matteo nodded, nudging Giovanni who seemed out of it.

Giovanni snapped his gaze to Alex, who looked at him questioningly. 

Giovanni shook his head as he went to the door directly followed by his brother and cousin. 

He waited for Alex to unlock the door to his apartment and he went straight to pour himself a drink. 

"What's wrong?" Matteo asked once Giovanni took his first sip and started pacing around the room. 

Giovanni didn't answer as he finished his drink in one chug and went to pour another one.

"Woah, hold on.." Matteo uttered, trying to move the bottle out of Giovanni's reach. 

"Fuck off Matteo," Giovanni answered through clenched jaw as he grabbed the bottle again.

"And what are you planning to do? You want to drown your sorrows instead of manning the fuck up and talking about them?" Alex said as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall, observing his brother closely.

"What do you want me to do? Go and sleep it off?" Giovanni scoffed as he took his second drink. 

Alex rolled his eyes at his brother's sarcastic tone, "Or talk to us about it." He suggested as he looked at Giovanni pointedly.

Giovanni sighed as he slumped on the couch, he had his hands resting on his thighs as he swirled the liquid he had in glass.

No one uttered a word for a few minutes, "Just say whatever comes to your mind." Matteo said as he took a seat on the opposite couch, Alex doing the same as well.

"I'm upset." Giovanni said simply, it was hard for him to talk about emotions or to acknowledge what he felt.

"And you are upset because..?" Alex encouraged him to continue the sentence he uttered. 

"Because.. I.. Kanz.. I'm just mad at what I watched." 

"You are right, we are all mad because of what that fucker did." Matteo agreed, careful not to say much details about what they watched. 

"And I'm.. mad at myself for giving her a hard time." Giovanni muttered as he downed his drink hastily, "No wonder she reacted that way that day at the warehouse.. what the hell was I thinking?"