||Rebellion of surprises||

Anakin paced in the room where the Rebel leaders would decide if they would allow him to be part of their rebellion.

He had Obiwans on his side... he had Padme.. he hoped. She hadn't come to the room all night and he hadn't been able to find her all morning.
Yoda? He didn't know.

But it was unanimous, if they didn't all accept him into their rebellion... then what?

His execution?

Anakin felt ill. He wanted Leia and Luke, he wanted to see them, smell them, hold them.

The doors opened... he heard her but didn't turn around to see who it was... until she put her hand on his shoulder.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and smiled.
"Padme."

She walked around him so that he could see her face. It was smudged with dark circles under her eyes and her hair was in a simple knot.

She'd been up all night.

"Where were you?"

She gave a weak smile, "we... had some urgent business to discuss and debate about regarding the rebellion."

His stomach jumped, had they decided what was to happen to him without him being there?

Padme read his expression and shook her head "no... not you."

He looked at her, if it wasn't him, then... "who?"

She looked nervous... like what she might say could impact everything.

Finally there name came. "Clovis."

Anakin laughed. "You guys spend a whole night discussing a dead man?"

"I'm not dead."

Anakin jumped at the sound of his voice... that voice... he saw red...  Vader began to stir inside of him and-

Padme took his hand and said "Ani please."

He calmed, enough to listen for the time being. For her.

Clovis took a step towards Anakin, saw his expression and retreated back 4 steps.

Smart. Anakin thought. His light saber was with him, despite wanting to make a good impression to the rebellion he was willing to let that all slide by leaving this man dead on the floor.

Clovis smirked, "your probably wondering how I'm still alive."

"I'm not. I don't care."

He did care, he was glad when he saw him fall... how had he survived? who had-

Clovis didn't take his answer to be a real one and he started explaining anyways. Anakin scowled at him but he was curious.. and more than a little mad that the man hadn't died from the fall.

"I blacked out when I fell.."

"Weak." Anakin muttered, in turn he got a sharp look from Padme who smiled at Clovis to continued.

Smiled. She smiled at him. Anakin tried to control his breathing.

"I got saved, by who... their identity is anonymous."

Anakin leaned to whisper into Padme's ear "that alone makes him not trustworthy, we should kill him right now, here."

She frowned at him and walked away... towards Clovis.

Anakin's vision was eaten by red. But he stayed where he was.

Clovis kept talking... "I've been hiding from the separatists and the republic. I went no communication until a month ago when I came out of hiding and realized we were under imperial rule."