Missing Mare (Fluff)

Arthur Morgan x Reader Your horse goes missing in Rhodes and a strange cowboy helps you search. 976 words.
______________________________________________
Riding through Scarlet Meadows was a regular thing for you. You had a small cabin in the area and would often ride through the beautiful location while hunting. As you approached a wooden area you dismounted your horse to prevent spooking the Buck you had been tracking.

You have recently been riding a Brindle Thoroughbred. You had decided to try and tame the beautiful horse when you stumbled upon her while visiting West Elizabeth. She still has a fair amount of wild tendencies, as it has only been about a week since then. The reason you had taken her hunting was to hopefully bond with her some more and see how when she could haul cargo.

Coming over the hill you spot the Buck. It was bent down and grazing in the tall grass of the timber. You swung your bow off of your shoulder and pulled back the string. You called the deer and the let the arrow split through the air. With a yelp, the Buck fell to the ground. Clean Kill, you smiled to yourself as you made your way over to it's body.

Using your strength, you slung the limp animal over your shoulder and hauled it back to your horse. You tossed the heavy Buck onto the back of horse and mounted up. You were relieved that she had taken the extra weight so well and began to spur her into a trot. Once you had just passed the last of the trees you heard the familiar squeal of a boar and suddenly you were thrown backwards and onto the ground.

Before you had even had time to react you watched as your horse took off south and disappeared into the distance. Shit. You groaned as you stood up and dusted yourself off. You didn't see anyone or anything around so you assumed that the squeal from the boar is what had sent her running.

Figuring it would be best to head in the direction your mare ran, you began heading south. About five minutes into following your horse's tracks they seemed to disappear through the dusty ground outside of Rhodes. She must be around here somewhere. Walking into town, you began to look around for any signs of her. "Y/h/n!" you called out. You called her name and whistled a few more times before deciding you were silly for thinking she would even know her name.

You were just about to walk out of town when you heard and unfamiliar voice. "Lookin' for someone?" You turned around and saw the source of the voice was a tall, blonde man. "Oh, I um... just my horse. She ran off," you say in response.

"Need some help?" He says in a genuine tone.

"That would be wonderful. Thanks," you reply with a genuine smile. "She's a Grey Brindle Thoroughbred, not easy to miss," you tell him with a slight chuckle.

"I'll keep an eye out," he says, tipping his black leather hat at you. You couldn't help but notice how his eyes seemed to linger as he walked the opposite direction. Shaking the thought from your mind, you headed east a little past town. After searching through the scarce trees and bushes you managed to find nothing.

Feeling a bit defeated, you mood led you to the saloon. As you made your way back to Rhodes' red dirt roads, a familiar gruff voice called out. When you turned around you saw the blonde haired cowboy headed your way, leading your horse.

"Excuse me... uhm," he says before pausing.

"You found her!" Your words came out more shrill than you would have liked. "It's Y/n by the way, Y/n Y/l/n" you tell him, realizing you never caught his name either. The man gives you a smile as he hands over the lead.
"Thank you, sir... say, I never caught your name," your gaze catches a glimpse of surprise on his face. He rubs the back of his neck nervously as he replies, "Arthur Morgan," he says in a hushed voice. He seems to be watching your face for a reaction. You smile wildly and hold your hand out for him to shake.
"What'd ya say to a drink sometime, Mister Morgan?" You ask, still smiling at him. You couldn't help it admire his facial features. His strong chin. His sharp jaw and his cute nose.  
He stutter a moment before answering, "I'd love to but... I've got some business to take care of." His voice is gruff with a hint of somberness. "You around tomorrow?" He manages to ask as a blush creeps to his cheeks.
"That sounds like a plan, see ya around!" You nod your head to him, mounting up your mare.

As you ride off on the dust, red dirt roads of Rhodes you look behind you. The cowboy catches your eye once again, and you seem to have caught his. When he meets your gaze he tilts his head down quickly, his black leather hat covering his face. Although you are down the road already you can see the small smirk that plays on his face. A feeling of excitement fills your body and you can't wait to see him again.

______________________________________________

Oh my god. I know this is bad but I just couldn't seem to get anywhere with this prompt and by the time is started hating it I was too far gone to just abandon it.

This was originally a request for someone but they just deactivated their account like yesterday which is annoying.

I got a nice new keyboard so hopefully I'll be able to write some more and fill this book up with lots of one-shots!

Requests are open! Private message me or leave a comment!