🌹 | Midsummers. (9)

Start from the beginning

I walk after.

______________________________

I get out of the car and help Ren out too.

"Im so excited, this is my first year going to Midsummers." Ren squeaks.

"You could've taken my place," I groan, adjusting my dress.

My dad takes Natalie's hand as we walk up to the hotel door.

I brush past all the greetings and welcoming to try and find Kie or Pope.

I find Pope over at the barbeque, helping his dad.

I strut over. "Pope Heyward, that you?" I whisper.

He turns quickly around. "Look at you! Or should I say Kook at you? How much did that dress cost you?"

I smile and tuck my hair behind my ear. "Cost me? you mean cost my dad." I look at the party.

"Have you heard from jj yet?" Pope asks me.

My expression drops a little. "No, but he'll be alright. He's got it all planned out, I'm sure." I say in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm worried, and he shouldn't have covered for me." Pope sadly admits.

"Yeah, but he did. Because he's a good friend. Just be thankful until he shows up. " I smile at him.

"Right. You're right." he sighs, turning back around to work on the barbecue.

I look at The Cameron's enter the place. Rose literally has 20 weapons built into her head. "You could say she's armed." I laugh.

"What is that.." Pope jokes.

"Some sort of way to hide a knife to cut the cake with, pretty smart i'll admit." I giggle.

____________________________

I am grabbing drinks with Kie.

"Honestly, your dress is so gorgeous it's crazy." Kie says, sipping away at a wine.

"Yours though." I wink and turn to the crowd.

"Do you think jjs alright?" I sigh.

"Yeah, he'll be ok." Kie rubs my back.

"Hm." I sip my wine.

____________________________

I start dancing in the crowd with Ren, because she asked me to dance with her since Bea is so busy macking on Rafe.

I pull her in and out, and twirl her around.. just like jj was doing to me that night at the wreck.

Suddenly I feel a presence behind me, so i turn to address it.

"Oh my god," he mutters

it was jj, he was standing there in a suit. what the literal fuck this man has me in a chokehold.

"jj? JJ!" I run over to him and hug him tightly.

He hugs me back for a minute and then i grab his face when i pull away.

"You idiot! You literal idiot." I laugh, but i'm mad at him. But how could i be mad at him when he looks like that?

I look over at Ren while jj is still staring at me. I don't know why but he looks kind of flabbergasted.

"Ren could you give me a minute?" I mumble.

"Take your time." She says with a smirk.

I pull jj away.