Chapter 7, Diamond Steves VS SHADOW STEVE?!

I woke up to quite the cloudy day, Looking out the window I could see Diamond Steves running and talking to each other. Enjoying their days. I went outside and saw the Diamond King, Lapis King and the 3 other Lapis Steves talking to each other. The Diamond King looked over to me. "Oh, It's you." He said. The Lapis King gave him a frown, and looked at me. "Hello Evan! How'd you sleep?" He said. "I slept well." I responded. He nodded. The other 3 Lapis Steves simply sat on the benches behind them. Lance, one of the lapis steves. Suddenly looked up at me. "You might want to follow me." He said, grabbing my hand and leading me into the castle. We reached the library, And went into the librarians lab. The Librarian, Damien and Assistant Steve were all standing around. "Hey guys." I said. They all looked at me. "Hey Evan, I assume Lance told you to come here?" The Librarian said. "Yup!" Lance said, with a smile. Damien nodded. Lance took me to another door I hadn't seen when we first went down here. He opened it, and it seemed to be a place where Lance held experiments. I could see a Diamond Steve, but he was different. He seemed to be.. "He's enchanted." Lance said, Which caught me off guard. "Can you read minds?" I asked Lance. He chuckled. "Something like that." He said, while adjusting his monocle so it doesn't fall. "Watch this." Lance said, as he flipped a lever and an infected emerald steve came out from beneath the floor. I gasped, and stepped back. "OH! Right.. So I captured this infected near the Lapis Kingdom and I didn't think about the fact that you were.. Yeah. Sorry about that." Lance said. I sighed. "It's fine, can't change the past." I said. "About that, You might not want to see this." Lance said. "But it's the only way I can really test this without running out of supplies." He said. I nodded, knowing where this was going. Lance have the Diamond Steve a nod, and he nodded back. He backed up a bit, and charged at the infected. With one punch, The infected was flung back. But then, something weird happened. The ground slightly opened up, and the infected fell in. The ground then closed and went back to normal. "What- What happened?" I said, shocked. Lance sighed and gave me a book. It was full of information about the darkness and different ways that it is used, It also spoke about ancient races that the darkness claimed. Ancient ore steve races. Topaz, Ruby, Netherite, Quartz. And even other types of Steve's like Deepslate, Stone, and Bedrock. The bedrock steves are apparently being used by the darkness. "The dimension that we assume the darkness came from is called.. The Void. I think that is where that infected went." Lance said. I nodded. Lance let the Enchanted Diamond out. The Diamond sat down for a second, seemingly trying to regain energy. "We are going to have to enchant every Steve we know, every Steve apart of this alliance we are making. It's the only way we have a chance against the darkness. Unless.. Those artifacts.." Lance said. "Artifacts?" I said, confused. Lance smiled. "Artifacts are these weapons, but they are extremely powerful. Our enchanted Steve's and the power of the artifacts could beat the darkness." He said. "Interesting." I said. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air, see you later!" I walked out of the room, and said bye to the others. "Bye guys, Also Librarian. Why is the activation code for Assistant Steve blue?" I said. The Assistant seemed to be thinking. Is Assistant Steve sentient? Maybe he is. The Librarian seemed slightly nervous, and Lance walked back into the room. Librarian sighed. "I think it's time I tell you all something." He said. All eyes were on him, Assistant Steve nodded. The Librarian let down his hood, And it was like time froze. "Y- Your not an Ore Steve." I said. "Never was, I'm a Blue Steve. A chromatic, One of the last." Librarian said. Everyone was in awe, but just then we heard a loud boom from above. The librarian quickly put his hood on, and gave me a weird blue looking sword. "Don't tell anyone else that you have this." He said, everyone else had run upstairs by now and Assistant Steve was simply guarding the basement. I nodded, and ran to the elevator. Once I got up, I could the Diamond King, Lapis King, Lance,  The two Lapis Elites, and Damien all crouched down in the entrance of the castle. It was slightly wrecked. "No.. No.. Not again.." I said, remembering the emerald kingdom. I pulled out the sword that was given to me. I rushed down to the others, and I saw Shadow Steve. "Pathetic,  Just pathetic. You didn't have the powers to stop the VOID!" Shadow shouted, striking lightning at all of us. "You are a monster." I said, angry. Shadow Steve chuckled. Librarian and Assistant Steve walked from the library, and Assistant seemed to be in a defense mode. "What on earth is that machine?" Shadow said, flying towards Assistant. "I'm the thing that is going to kill you, moron." Assistant Steve said. "Wait, Assistant! Don't anger hi-" I tried to warn Assistant, but everything flashed white. My ears started ringing. What's.. Happenin...