(16) Rushing, Reunion, and Retelling

Start from the beginning

He leaned forward, hands on his knees. HERO puts his hands at his hips and leans back, exhaling hard as both of them seemed to have had their exhaustion catch up to them.

AUBREY: "Seriously? We BARELY ran!" She rolls her eyes and hurries them up, pushing HERO'S back as he reluctantly groans and rushes into the building. MS. POLLY grabbed BASILS hand and helped him to the door, patting his back and going at his own pace. They made their way inside and the kids immediately b-lined it towards the staircase.

AUBREY didn't even hesitate, being the first to rush up the stairs, leaving HERO and BASIL behind. They groaned but did their best to follow behind her. MS. POLLY saw this and rushed towards the front desk.

MS. POLLY: "I-I'll sort things out at the Front Desk!" She took some deep breaths and put her hand on her chest to calm down. Then, she looked to the Receptionist and smiled with a nervous laugh. "Ehehe... Kids! Such a rowdy bunch, aren't they? Uh, b-but they mean well!"

.

.

.

MARI was next to SUNNY, holding hid hand and rubbing it gently. He held hers firmly, looking at her and being the one to try and comfort her. She looked rather nervous, staring out the window and clasping his hand lightly.

MARI: "You... Think BASIL will be with them too?"

KEL was scrapping the bottom of the Jello cup with his tongue, stopping as he tossed it into the trash bin from his seat. "I mean, he IS in out Group Chat, so he must've read it. That and he would NOT miss a chance to see SUNNY again."

MARI sighed and nodded. "Y-Yeah, thats... that's true..."

SUNNY looked concerned at his sister, wondering why she was acting sp anxious. Especially about BASIL of all people. He knew he needed to confront her about this eventually, but for now... he needed to be there for her. To make up for her staying with him for those past 4 years. It was the least he could do.

KEL noticed MARI on edge, quickly getting out of the chair and rubbing her shoulder. "Hey, you don't gotta worry! I mean, I know you guys have been... less than eager to see each other, b-but look!" He looked to SUNNY, his smile growing. "SUNNY'S awake now! Both of you don't have a reason to be fighting or anything anymore! Maybe you just gotta sit down and talk it out. HERO always says that speaking what your feeling and communication are key. He gets it from those weird Books and Online tutorial forum, uhh.... things about mental health! So he must know what he's talking about."

MARI looked to KEL and saw a genuine look of care in his eyes. She felt more at ease after hearing him say that. She gulped and cleared her throat. "You really think so...?"

KEL: "Yeah!... I mean... I hope... I just... don't wanna see you two fighting anymore. Makes it feel like... I dunno... our Groups breaking apart every time you do...and I really don't want that. Especially since we can actually all be together again..." His smile faded a bit, looking more saddened as he told her. "Really bums me out..."

She turned to him fully. "KEL..."

SUNNY looked concerned as well, leaning forward as MARI let go of his hand and grabbed KEL'S. He looked up and was surprised to see her react like this.

KEL: "O-Oh, uh... ahem Sorry! Wow, I didn't mean to uhh- Wh-What I meant to say is-" He got cut off, feeling MARI hug him.

MARI: "I'm sorry to make you worry... I-I'll try to talk things over with him, okay? I promise..."

KEL gained a warm smile after hearing this, hugging her back just as tightly and resting his chin on her shoulder. "Thank you... really. That really REALLY means a lot to me."