Chapter 1~New town

Being a teenager means wanting to do your own thing and breaking some rules, I wasn't a teenager, I mean I was but I was seventeen, I was going to be legal in a few months and my parents didn't seize to cut off my wings are fast as possible before I because a lot more wild. I was doing basic stuff. Maybe I was very destructive and rude and sassy and hated school and hated being controlled, but in my defence, they didn't understand me. It was all just fun, and I was way better than the rest in my friends group.

We were known for carrying out the best pranks and dares in the whole history of my school and my principal getting bald and almost in an accident that would have caused his life since we removed his breaks, was the last my parents could take of me and my truant ways. In my defense, I was still a cool kid with top grades and a regular record in juvenile, I mean, I was a boss there. Should I feel remorseful? Because I don't in any way.

My parents called a meeting on me after they heard my principal got his consciousness back at least long enough to expel me. This was the fifth time, but I was sure not going back to that school or any school...

I was sitting across from them in the sitting room and playing with my Rubik's cube. I was grounded and was missing the victory party I was going to be the star of for this dumb meeting. I didn't want to be here at all.

"Young Lady, I am talking to you. Hailey Bianca Walker, drop that on the table this instance," My father, Walker, shouted at me.

"Sure, sure, you dying of a heart attack will be a waste." I smiled and reached out to drop the Rubik's cube.

My mother glared at me, and it looked like she regretted having me in the first place. To be honest, I didn't like them, and I never took them as my parents because they didn't act like they were or they cared. I only cared about my brother, and I wondered where he was right now.

"To be honest, we have tried our best as your parents and tried to love you, but for our peace, we are sending you to n..." I interrupted my father

"Juvenile!" I said in excitement. I preferred there to home, to be honest.

"...to your grandparent's place. You are staying at your grandma's." Walker finished with a frown. Did he despise me this much?

"Okay, Dad. When are we living? I need to start packing." I said with a smile and walked out on them.

"Tomorrow morning." my mother said in a sad tone. If she wanted me, then she should have talked to her husband about it. Why was she trying to place the good cop in good cop and bad cop?

#######

This was the least I was expecting. I expected to get dropped in July after the last stunt I pulled off, but compared to this. This was heaven I was dropped off with my nana and pops in my dad's home town and I was supposed to live in their small town, till they realized I had learned my lesson judging by that I was gonna be here for a very long time.

My parents weren't even looking at me. The car was as silent as a graveyard. At that point, when we finally reached there, I quickly exited the car, not being able to handle the silence

I saw my nana and pops and went forward to hug them. I haven't been this genuinely happy except while causing trouble in years.

"It has been 7 years, I think. Oh my, you have gotten so big ." My pops said while Nana bickered with him, I had gotten slimmer after their little bickering was done they finally looked behind me then my pops acknowledged my father with a nod of his head well what can I say we weren't the happiest family, but I loved my grandparents even more that my parents that claimed to have given me life.

I saw my dad near my grandpa and whispered something in his ear before I could move closer to eavesdrop... "Hailey," my grandma called

"Let's get you all comfortable," She added while dragging me into the house.

The house was nothing big but it felt cosy and warm, which I craved. It felt like home. It never felt like home when we were in Los Angeles, but instead, it was always a big empty house. There was a painful look in my eyes before I quickly masked it before my grandma caught wind of it.

She led me to a room it was a medium but totally cute bedroom it was everything I wanted. It had an aesthetic old model ceiling fan, a medium-sized bed covered in pink sheets and a lot of comfy looking pillows on it, a wooden wardrobe which was decorated with wallpapers, and a black and white polka dot curtain matching with the black and white tiles and the plain white room with some black butterfly drawings on them.

It was obvious they redecorated the room to my taste since my favourite colors were black and white. It started to make me think that my parents didn't just make the decision to send me here but planned it behind my back for months. They wanted to get rid of me. Anyone would, I was a pain in the ass

I tore my eyes off my new room and looked towards my grandma. She looked nervous as she played with her braids. "If you don't like it, we can always change it, seeing." she said with a shy smile. It looked like she put a lot of effort into pleasing me.

"I didn't say anything well. Of course, I loved it," I said with a big smile. The first time, I wasn't evil smirking.
I saw a smile bloom on her face before she said, "Take a rest, I will call you for dinner," and she left without another word.

I had time dinner was one hour away I decided to walk on my poem but before I knew it one hour had passed. I used poetry to escape the outside world.

I went to dinner as Nana called me out for breakfast. The food tasted delicious. It was a little bit awkward since I was concentrating fully on my food. Grandpa tried to make small talk, and I blended it, and we laughed a little.

My grandpa revealed I was resuming school tomorrow as I was in my senior year, which pretty much bummed me out cause I didn't want to be the new kid.

I excused myself and left to my room, and stood at the window staring into the night sky. The people I called my parents abandoned me and didn't even bother to say goodbye, I sighed as I got into the bed deciding to sleep early hoping the nightmares would not plague my dream as they usually did. I shut my eyes and thought a lot about my old friends. I chatted up a few and told them about me leaving town, and I ended up sleeping late. I was going to miss them. It still bugged me that I didn't spend as much time with my brother. I was going to miss Justin.