31

Nora, after dropping Mateo off at the daycare, walked up to see the sheriff, Melissa, Scott and Stiles talking and joined them.

Sheriff Stilinski frowned. "Hang on, hang on. They were both in the car?"

Stiles shook his head. "No, Dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone."

The sheriff dad pointed to the picture. "So whose car is this?"

"Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor," Melissa informed. "The E.R. attending is the one that never made it in."

"Let's just focus on getting your story first, all right?" Sheriff Stilinski suggested.

Melissa nodded. "Yeah."

The sheriff glanced at Nora and the teens. "Boys, Nora, give us a second."

"These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asked.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, it's the one Deaton calls Healers."

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer. I..."

"Can you hear that?"

"They found a body."

Nora got a picture from Derek and frowned.

Stiles glanced at her. 'What is it?'

'I need to go. Keep me updated.'

Nora ran off as Stiles called after her, but, of course, she didn't hear him.

Nora reached Derek's loft and entered. 'Is it true? Are they coming?'

Derek nodded. 'Yeah. They're coming tonight.'

Isaac and Boyd entered and Derek frowned at them. "Go back to school."

"Well, actually, we can't," Isaac replied. "Boyd and I are incredibly and unbelievably sick."

"With what, brain damage?"

"Well, I have a migraine, and, uh, Boyd here has explosive diarrhea."

"We're here to protect you," Boyd reassured.

Derek scoffed. "You're here to protect me? Well, I'm in trouble then."

"Actually, Boyd here came up with a plan," Isaac said.

Boyd nodded. "Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up, tied up with electrical wires pushing current through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that... But on a bigger scale."

Nora's phone buzzed and she looked at the message. She let out a frustrated huff.

Derek walked up to her. 'Nora, what is it?'

She shook her head. 'Nothing.'

'Nora.'

'Deaton's been taken. What if this kidnapper comes for me?'

'I won't let that happen, Nora. I promise.'

She met his eyes and relaxed slightly, nodding. After a moment, she turned to the teens. 'Boyd, what's your plan?'

Boyd frowned. "What'd she ask?"

"She asked what your plan was," Derek told him.

While Boyd spoke, Derek signed for Nora. "In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to 50 milliamps to kill a normal human, less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb."

"That's comforting," Derek muttered.

"If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming, and anyone who steps foot in here, they'll get a pretty shocking surprise."

"Especially someone who's barefoot," Isaac said.

Cora left for the school and Nora stayed at the loft. With Deaton being taken, she felt a little safer in the loft even though the Alpha Pack would soon be coming.

As they prepared Boyd's plan, Isaac asked, "Is this gonna kill him?"

"I hope so," Boyd replied.

After a couple hours, Isaac frowned. "Isn't the light on that supposed to be on?"

"Yeah," Derek said.

"What does it mean if it's not?"

Derek and Nora exchanged a concerned look before he replied, "Someone cut the auxiliary power."

"What about the main..." Boyd began.

"Derek... What do we do now?" Isaac wondered.

"We fight," Derek replied as he turned to him.

Kali smirked. "Gonna be honest, Derek. When Ennis died, I thought to myself I'd just go for it. Find you and make you watch as your mate died, then kill you, wherever you stood. Then I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them, and I thought, "What's a girl got to do to get you alone?" You and me Derek, or they tear those girls apart. What do you say? You think you can beat me one on one?"

Derek growled. "I'm gonna rip your throat out with my teeth."

As they fought, Boyd pulled me to safety. Nora grimaced as Kali struck Derek, feeling a sharp pain.

Boyd pulled out his phone and Nora frowned. 'What are you doing?'

Boyd showed her and Nora saw a text to Cora open.

Isaac was attacked and cried, "Uhh! Derek! Nora!"

"No!" Derek cried as Nora ran to help. "Nora!"

"Wait!" Isaac called.

Kali tried to grab Nora, but Isaac stepped in front of her so she wouldn't be grabbed.

Eventually, Boyd was forced into Derek's claws and Nora bit back a cry of horror.

"Take him!" Kali ordered. "I'm giving you till the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack... Or next time I'm killing all of you. Starting with your pretty little mate."

She left and Boyd said gently, "It's okay."

Derek shook his head. "No, no. No, it's not. It's not."

"It's all okay, Derek."

"I'm... I'm sorry."

"The full moon. That feeling... That was worth it. There's a lunar eclipse. I always wondered what... What that felt like for one of us. For one of us..."

Boyd fell to the ground and Nora knelt next to him and closed his eyes.

Nora stood and pulled Derek into her arms and held him. She ran a gentle hand up and down his back.