𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

          Hannukah went, for Daisy, better than she'd expected. She woke up with Kevin in her bed, only let herself cry for three and a half minutes, and then carried herself down to the gym to put her body through hell as punishment. Then she'd drifted down to the dining room, where freshly baked challah taunted her with it's yolky goodness. By the time anybody found her there, she'd eaten the entire loaf.

          Sue her, she just found out that her mother's name is Lynette. It's the season of mourning for all.

          Matt's mom forced everybody to do some 'Hannukah games' that morning, which were really just things she'd read on the internet that seemed vaguely related to the holiday, and then she gave everybody a small present worth a lot of money. For Daisy, it was a gold toe ring with a fat diamond in the centre. She'd accepted it graciously, and shoved it deep into her suitcase to re-gift to Allison, a founding member of the International Toe Ring Appreciation Society.

          They'd watched a Christmas movie, and Randy's chef served latkes and desserts that paled in comparison to the ones Daisy's dad used to make, but whatever. She even got Kevin to finish a jelly donut, despite fried balls of dough with raspberry jam not being on his meticulously curated meal plan.

          He snuck into her room just after midnight, and she didn't even try to make an excuse when she tucked herself into his side and fell asleep on his bare chest.

═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══

          Christmas Eve was much the same. Randy, Matt and Nicky tried to get everybody in the holiday spirit, and failed miserably. Daisy doesn't give much of a shit about Christmas, Kevin was being weird as all hell, and Aaron is allergic to fun. That meant that while the cheery trio paraded around singing carols and announcing very loudly every hour, that Santa Claus was getting closer, Daisy lay in her bed looking at the ceiling with a dead-eyed stare, and the other two disappeared from the house completely.

          "Sorry," says Allison, on the other end of the line, "Did I hear you right? It's got to be a trap, you know what a little bastard he is."

          "But I have to know," Daisy replies. It's dark now, and her eyes are trained on the view of Central Park outside of her window. "It could be a set up, but if I don't go, I'll always regret it. And this is the last time I'll ever come to New York."

          Allison sighs. Daisy imagines manicured fingers running through soft blonde hair. "Look. It's not my place, obviously, because unfortunately both of my parents are still alive and blowing my inheritance. But you've gone this far in your life without her, and-- like, no offence, but wouldn't she have come to find you if she wanted you in her life?"

          "Hmm," says Daisy. Allison is right, like she always is, but it's still a majorly fucked-up situation to find yourself in. "Lynette might not even be my mom, you know? She could be a random Korean woman he pulled off the web."