𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

          Everybody's noticed that there's something different about Daisy. It's not that she's clean now; no, that was something everybody noticed a long time ago. Maybe it's the meds that Betsy finally convinced her to try. Maybe it's the fact that she faced her brother, gave him her piece, and got a horrific response in return. Or maybe, just maybe... she's getting better.

          It shows on the court. Unlucky Number 13 barrels down the court, passing with lightning speed and accuracy in her new position with Kevin and Neil, before turning into a beast to be reckoned with in defence with the other boys. The smile that appears on Wymack's face when she gets into her zone doesn't disappear until well after training finishes every night.

          It's not hard to see she's happier away from the game, too. Her and the girls live in an eternal state of slumber party. Chick-flicks can be heard coming from under their dormitory door at all hours, the fumes of nail polish and cheap perfume wafts through the corridors. Daisy has never looked better; her fiery locks have been returned to their former glory, her skin is clear and her lips no longer chapped and peeling. Everybody's noticed that Daisy Cohen is alive again.

          Especially one man.

          Especially Kevin.

          It's almost a relief to see him staring at Daisy at the gym on Tuesday morning, in her tiny little shorts while she jogs idly on the treadmill. It sure beats the panic attacks and depression spirals they've found him in for the last week-and-a-half. Their game against the Ravens is in three days, and shit, is everyone feeling the pressure.

          "Hey," says Nicky. Everybody ignores him. "Hey," he says again, louder. When he gets the attention he wants, he points at the screen in the corner playing sports news.

          "--underdog team, the Palmetto Foxes, facing off against the Edgar Allen Ravens this week. Gee, Fred, I'm excited for this one!" one of the hosts exclaims, slamming her hands on the table before her. Daisy takes off one of her shoes and pelts it at Kevin's shoulder. He turns to look at her, wide-eyed, and she jerks her head towards the exit of the gym. He turns to stare back at the screen.

          "Holly, it's definitely going to be the one to watch this weekend," Fred replies. They both have smiles painted on that Daisy knows only comes from something a little harder than caffeine. "The Ravens are only ahead of the Foxes by one point, which is a sentence I never thought would come out of my mouth. Why do you think that is? Do you think newcomer Neil Josten is really the reason they're coming out of their slump?"

          Dan lets out a whistle, and Matt reaches out to ruffle the hair on his head.

          "What is he, their firstborn?" Daisy whispers to Allison, who stifles a snort.

          "I think it's a combination of factors, Fred," says Holly. From somewhere, Wymack has retrieved a remote and flicks the volume a little louder. Daisy tosses her other shoe at Kevin, but he doesn't even react when it bounces off of the side of his head. "Of course, Kevin Day's transfer definitely hasn't hindered them. Their offence is fractured, and Cohen has had mighty shoes to fill stepping into that position."

          "She's playing better than ever since being cut from the rest of the last season," Fred says. Daisy rolls her eyes so far back into her skull that it aches. "That ankle injury seems to pay her no mind these days. We'll see how strong their offence really is when they go up against the Ravens this Friday, when Day and Moriyama are finally reunited on Court!"