25. When The Tigerlilies Bloom

Start bij het begin

"Not all of us are lucky. And... that painting was..."

"Why do you love him?"

The question left from his mouth and Taehyung wondered why he couldn't feel anything. He wondered if Jungkook was feeling the same. His emotions may have gone rock solid, or maybe he was in a dream.

Taehyung wanted it to be real, and to come back to him like a nightmare in darkness when sleep would abandon him only for pain to gulp him whole. He wanted this moment to stay in the back of his memory as a nearly withered tiger lily to remind himself of his beloved who was not his in the first place.

"Taehyung, I don't think we should talk now. Just--"

"Why do you love him? Tell me, I want to know"

"Why though? Why do you want to know about it, Taehyung?"

Jungkook slammed the door of the gallery behind them, making Taehyung shudder from the voice and step back. The younger took a step forward as well without breaking the line of eye contact with Taehyung.

His voice was heavy when he said the next words as he took another step towards Taehyung who stepped back with a heavy heart.

"Tell me why you thought getting into my room and checking my stuff is fine."

Taehyung gulped harshly when Jungkook's expression changed to dark and he could see the anger rising in the younger's body. He witnessed Jungkook breaking his calmness for the first time, and it stunned him because he didn't know if he tried to say something Jungkook would listen or not.

"Tell me why do you care about me this much?"

With that, Jungkook pushed the art supplies Taehyung placed on the side table in the room, making the paint bucket fall onto the floor and splatter on the canvases scattered across the room.

Taehyung lost the last straw he was holding on When he saw that but before he could do or say anything, Jungkook pinned him on the wall, his strong arms on either side of Taehyung's lithe figure.

Though they both were of the same height, Taehyung being the advantaged one, an inch taller than the other, yet he felt Jungkook was caging him, at the same time protecting him from the vulture eyes.

"Jungkook, what the hell are you trying to do?"

"You tell me, Tae. Who are we to talk about love and lovers? Why do you want to know about me instead of running away as usual?"

The sun away from them was shining in the evening glory, the glass windows letting the rays enter the room, the messy floor and the drying paint stains reminded Taehyung of his life- the life that had him spinning on his heel, not letting him go to his destination.

If Taehyung could explain everything to Jungkook, he would probably do it at the speed of light but that's where it all felt like a black hole that he couldn't find a way out. He couldn't take his eyes off the younger and walk away.

In front of him stood the Jungkook Taehyung had never seen. A face that he never thought could change colors into despair and anger. Jungkook was fuming and Taehyung knew he could do nothing about it. He could only look at him with wide eyes and try to understand why Jungkook was so adamant about this.

Gone were the moments of sickly following the man around, and now he couldn't even stand the intense cologne of Jungkook anymore because everything hurt. It shouldn't have, especially when Taehyung learned to live without Jungkook's love even from the start, but it still hurts.

The question lingers between them and Taehyung wonders who they are. They were nothing from the start to begin the answer. Then what was he supposed to say?