𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

nila

"You guys aren't even dressed for the beach." I motioned to their outfits, then to the ocean.

"We're both wearing shorts?"

"You're not friends with any of our friends." I came up with another excuse because I was desperate for them to not come with us. A perfectly good day would be wasted with them tagging along and Damian would just be with Cammy the entire time.

Maikel raised his phone like it was basic common sense. "We called ours."

"You're shitting me. Why?" I groaned, covering my face with my hands and processing everything. I, Nila Java, would have to spend an entire day with Maikel Marquez, the one guy I hate the most aside from my father. Not to mention his loyal fucking followers that swarm around him like bees. "Why are you doing this?"

"Torturing you's fun." He spoke simply, as if that was a good enough reason. "Even if it means I'm going through the same pain as well."

"Leave." I demanded.

Maikel's eyes gleamed with a challenge and the corner of his lips tipped up. "Make me." He taunted. I dragged my eyes down his 6,3 and pure muscle, measuring the odds. I had long legs so if in the right position, I'm sure I could swing one over and suffocate him until he passed out. Granted, I would need to somehow get him on the floor and submissive. With the right motivation, it was possible.

Maybe. Possibly. It wasn't.

I was this close to fucking hiring some huge bodyguard and paying him extra to just beat the living shit out of him. I would film it and post it on every social media platform imaginable, heck I'll even get Brooke to upload it to Reddit.

"Okay, if you're done drooling then I'd like to get this show on the road and find the spot that Zed picked out." Kai removed his T-shirt leaving him in his cargo shorts and white wifebeater, contrasting to Damian's black one. His chains shone from the sunlight and his light brown hair turned golden, showing his tan off. Ugly was an understatement.

"For the last time, his name's not Zed!" Carmen complained.

"D calls him that, so I call him that. Let's go so I know where to tell my friends to come." They began walking and Carmen looked at me with one last apology before taking my arm and pulling me onto the sandy beach.

"We don't even have to talk to them. They'll be doing their own thing with their friends and we'll do ours. I won't talk to Damian." She stated.

My mood had been dampened already but I was still determined to have a good day. And there was only one thing in my eyes that could turn this shit around. Weed. A shit ton of it.

I technically shouldn't be drinking or smoking until the volleyball season is over because it could be detrimental to my playing ability but it seems to be the only thing nowadays that calmed me down and helped me forget about my problems. I'd smoke it just this once then quit till the season was over.

Unfortunately for me, my dealer is my ex hook up. Brian. Which means if I tell him to come then he would probably stick around the whole day. But I couldn't get through this day sober so I was gonna have to suck it up and deal with it, along with everything else.

I shot him a quick message, telling him where to meet me and what to bring. I would have dropped Brian as my dealer ages ago when we stopped hooking up, but he gave me free shit that actually wasn't dodgy and who was insane enough to turn that down? The okay sex was just a bonus.

I could already feel my happiness returning and I sighed in content as I watched everyone relax on the sand or swim in the water, followed by the multiple food trucks parked by the curb.