🌹 | Dear Bird. (7)

Start from the beginning

"Youtube."

"Right. Youtube." I mumble.

"That's atleast a five percent bump right there."

"You haven't—" Pope starts.

"Any objections? didn't think so." jj cuts him off.

I raise my hand directly in front of him but he looks away.

"I don't hear any, so.."

"What you gonna do with your 100 mil, Pope?" Kie looks over at Pope as she asks him.

"Pay for college in advance." He says, nodding. "And.. also textbooks, those are expensive."

"What bout you, Kie?" jj looks over at Kie.

"Yeah, what does a socialist do when she's rich?" Pope curiously asks.

She chuckles. "I wanna make a double album. about OBX, the pogues." she looks around at us.

"You know the way catch a fire is about kingston, Record it at Markey studio, Peter Tosh producing."

"Isn't he dead?" I ask.

"Peter Tosh is dead, I know." Kie rolls her eyes and smiles. "The spirit of Peter Tosh will never die." She holds up her beer in honour.

"And you, Darl?" jj looks over at me.

I hold my beer can, looking at the moons reflection ripple in the water.

"Buy my own private island, and build 5 huge ass kook style houses for us, and when y'all are old with your family's and lives. You can bring your kids on down to my island and we'll all spend summer together each year. Not too shabby, huh?" I laugh.

"Not too shabby at all." Kie smiles.

"Very well thought out, I love it." Pope laughs.

"Will you have a family?" jj smiles and looks at me.

"Nah, maybe some super hot husband, but no kids.. no family. Just me on an island until y'all and y'all's family come. Then I can play grandma."

The rest laugh, jj stays smiling.

"You'd be a cool ass grandma.." John b laughs.

"Actually I know what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna get a big ass hoist on figure Eight and go full kook." jj makes up his mind.

"You're gonna go full kook?" Pope asks.

"Yup. Gonna get a marble statue of myself, gonna get a koi pond. Put a bunch of those fish." he answers, thinking of shot as he goes along.

"What are you gonna do, JB?" We all look at John b.

"To going full kook." He raises his beer can, and we all laugh.

"To going full kook!" We cheer.

____________________________

we're out on the boat with the HMS pogue the next day.

jj whistles over in a red boats direction. "See that? that's the Malibu 24-MXZ the worlds finest wakesetter."

I squint as he continues explaining how great the boat is.

"200k, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope sighs, staring at its beauty.

"Yeah, hate to break it to you guys but that's Topper and his girlfriend." I say, staring at them through my tinted sunglasses.

The boat slowly passes us by, Sarah looks us up and down, making me scoff and stop looking.

"Don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie growls.