𝐨𝐧𝐞.

chapter one
[unedited]

wednesday.

Wednesday's personal highway to Hell was funded, paved, and constructed by her parents.

She officially was enrolled in and would be attending Nevermore Academy. It was like eternal damnation to her, and not the fun kind.

Her parents had a united front on this, as they did with everything else, but she was sure the whole idea was her mother's. Nevermore had Morticia Addams written all over it. It made her sick. Almost as sick as seeing her parents going at it with their mouths and moaning like unrefined teenagers.

They truly had no shame.

Finally they pulled apart. They turned to face her, her mother speaking first, "Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?"

For as long as she could help it. "Lurch," Wednesday turned to their driver. "Please remind my parents I'm no longer speaking to them."

The driver let out a heavy sigh, in his own way relaying the message.

Her father leaned forward, "I promise you, my little viper, you will love Nevermore."

This is why she knew the elaborate scheme to groom herself after her parents was her mother's idea. Her father was a feeble, but loving man, he would never condemn her against her wishes.

"Won't she Tish?" He was also a man who sought after his wife's approval and support.

"Of course she will, it's the perfect school for her."

"Why?" Wednesday interjected. "Because it was the perfect school for you? I have no interest in following in your footsteps: becoming captain of the fencing team, queen of the dark prom, president of the seance society."

"I merely meant that finally you will be among peers that understand you. Maybe you can even make some friends."

Wednesday doubted every single word that came out of her mother's lips.

As far as her parents knew she was a normal girl born into an outcast family, she had decided to not inform them of her visions she'd been having as of recent. Friends were out of the question too, she'd never had any and she didn't need any now. Not to mention, the first chance she got she was leaving and never returning.

"Nevermore is like no other boarding school," her father continued to try and make the idea appeal to his daughter. "It's a magical place, it's where I met your mother, and we fell in love."

"You guys are making me nauseous," Wednesday droned, interrupting what would've been another session of exchanging bodily fluids through their mouths. "And not in the good way."

"Darling, we aren't the ones that got you expelled," Morticia reminded. "That boy's family was going to charge attempted murder charges. How would that look on your record?"

"Terrible. Everyone would know I failed to get the job done."

Nevermore looked like something straight out of a fantasy novel, Wednesday could give it that much. She kept her thoughts to herself as her parents and her walked to the headmistress's office, and only allowed her eyes to wander a little.