Chapter 5

"Wake up, Stark is holding a press conference" Alpha woke her friend up, as soon as she noticed Stark's car pull up at Stark Industries. "I'm u- WAIT WHAT" Athena shot up on her bed when her brain processed what Alpha had said. "Stark called for a press conference a while ago and his car arrived at Stark Industries a minute ago." Alpha explained. Athena stood up and walked over to her computer, which showed the live feed from a security camera, since Athena preferred to see the unedited footage of CCTVs and not what the news showed, since it sometimes had parts cut out that were of interest. It showed Stark sitting down in front of the podium, but Athena saw something else that intrigued her.

She saw Coulson approach Pepper Potts, Stark's personal assistant, and Athena supposed SHIELD was also interested in how Stark escaped imprisonment. She turned her attention back to the screen when she heard Stark talk. He asked the reporters to sit down as well. "What the hell is he doing?" Athena questioned. Yes, he was known for being quite eccentric and not following rules but still, she didn't expect that. Stark went on to say that he never had the chance to say goodbye to his father, that he would've liked to ask him questions about what his company does, if he ever had doubts. That made Athena ask herself if he realized just what Stark Industries produced, after he had been attacked with his own weapons. Maybe he realized that Stark Industries didn't just supply the US Military with weapons, but also criminals that definitely won't use those weapons for good. Athena sincerely hoped that that was the case. "I saw young Americans getting killed by those very weapons I created to defend them and protect them" Yep, he definitely realized what Stark Industries weapons do and what they are used for. "What happened over there?" a reporter asked. Stark stood up and walked behind the podium, saying "I- I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I have more to offer this world than just making things that blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapon manufacturing division of Stark Industries-" Stark was cut off by the reporters shouting questions at him and another man, who Alpha said was Obadiah Stane, pushing Stark away. Even though the conference wasn't over yet, Athena closed the window with the CCTV footage. She had heard enough and needed time to process that. Whilst she did hope for something like that, she didn't think it would be this drastic and fast. She thought Stark would at least discuss it with other people, but judging from what she saw he hadn't told anybody. It felt...weird. On one hand Athena was relieved about what happened, since it would indirectly save many people's lives but she also felt that in some way it wasn't the best decision for Tony Stark and his company. "Now what?" Alpha asked. Athena took a deep breath and answered: "I am going to ask him to collaborate. His arc reactor and my repulsors. I think he wants to do something. He wants to change what he does. And I am pretty sure it involves the method of how he escaped from Afghanistan. It somehow involves that suit"

"...but how do you plan on getting him to actually listen to you?" Alpha questioned, a bit skeptical about the whole thing. "Well I will figure something out." Athena answered and started to search for a way to contact a certain billionaire.

After many hours of searching she finally found a way to contact Tony Stark and immediately went to work writing a short EMail that he hopefully won't ignore. 

628 words

I know it's a short chapter, but the next one will be longer