54. The Guardian

"Learn to accept that you cannot control everything"

---

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Sloane and Ben was on the on the 5th floor.

Sloane was taking a panting off the wall, searching for the sigil while Ben was standing leaning against the wall.

"Oh, don't forget to check under the plants" he said "Get off your ass and start inspecting the walls for hiding compartments" Sloane said "Hey, uh" Ben said and knocked on the wall "Here's a wall, and uh...Oh, here's another wall" he said as he tap on the walls he walked past.

"What the hell is wrong with you? People are dying left and right, and you're acting like a sulky teenager" she said as she opened a door to a room to check for the sigil.

"You sound just like Dad" he said and she snapped her head at him as she closed the door "Why is it so important for Dad to like you? He doesn't define you or us. We made our own mark in this world without him" she said "As the Sparrow Academy, but they're gone now" he said "He was never a Sparrow. He was our dad, and a shitty one at them. You don't need him" she said "Easy for you to say when you're already got a new family" he said "And the best part of that family just died" she said as she was trying to hold back her tears.

---

YOUR POV.

"Fuck" I said as I was searching a room for the sigil "How the hell does Reginald expect us to find the sigil when we don't know where to look" I said to myself before I turned around "I really hate this" I said before walking out of the room.

But as I walked out of the room, I was transferred to another floor causing me to stop when I saw that I had being transferred to a different floor.

"Okay. That was weird" I said as I looked around "Am I going crazy?" I asked before I took a deep breath and opened a door to look inside.

Then suddenly a hand was put on my shoulder and I got so spook that I turned around and threw a fist at that person.

The person let out a grunt as he stumble back and my eyes widened when I saw Five holding his left hand to his jaw.

"What the fuck, Fivey?" I asked "What the fuck, Fivey?" he repeated as he rub his jaw "You should know better than anyone to never sneak up on me like that" I said and he let out a scoff.

"Where is Viktor and Allison?" I asked as I looked around "I lost them after Allison got pissed at me and walked out of the room, Viktor followed her and I was gonna follow them but when I walked out of the room, they were gone" he said "What did you say now since Allison got piss at you?" I asked "I have a feeling that she made a deal with Reginald" he said "A deal with Reginald? Why?" I asked "I don't know what the deal was about, but I know that he killed Luther and Klaus" he said and my eyes widened "Reginald killed Luther and Klaus" I said out loud and he nodded "And I think Allison was in on it. I was confronting her but she refused and when I walked out of the room I ended here and then I heard you talking to yourself so I came here to see if you are okay?" he asked "You're a real gentleman" I said sarcastic as I rolled my eyes.