Closed Off

Tari and Meggy sat down on the sofa. They didn't look at each other. Only looked at everything else in the room.

Kyle stood next to Tari. He knew that the letter was for her. The €0#¥£$$/0# that Meggy had wrote to her was something serious. And he knew what he had to do-

"So umm... Kyle?... I think that was your name..." said Tari, anxiously. "Y-yeah. That's my name," he answered.

"I heard you were like... good at alot of things, so I was wondering if you would wanna maybe play something like... I dunno... MarioKart?" asked Tari.

Kyle was a bit confused. Did some idiot tell Tari that he was like good at everything or something?

"Here lies Marios pingas," said Mario.

Oh. Well that guestion was answered fast.

"Sure. I've never played MarioKart before, but I bet it'll be fun!" He finally answered.

Yes! He hasn't played it! said Tari, in her mind.

I might have a chance after all!

Meggy watched as Tari booted up the game. Her face was red seeing Taris smile. It's the cutest smile Meggy has ever seen.

Her white, clean teeth... the way her cheeks turn slightly red with excitement... her eyes shining brighter than the sun...

There was nothing you could you do to make it better.

The two players picked their characters, carts, wheels and parachutes, ready to play against another.

Tari skipped the beginning cutscene that starts every time you play on a track, ready to impress Meggy who was sitting next to her, watching carefully.

The number on the screen became smaller and smaller. First 3... then 2.
... then 1... then...

BEGIN!!!

Kyle accidentally had pressed the A button too long and made his cart explode in the beginning. Tari was in the lead.

She smirked as she used her 480 hours of MarioKart time for the whole world to see.

She never went in the grass, she got mushrooms which allowed her to do skips and she was just so goddamn fast.

Meggy stared at the screen, amazed at her crushes skills, watching as Kyle was struggling a bit. Until...

"The heck is this thing?" He said. Pressing the B button made the item fly all the way to the front.

Tari, almost at the 2nd round, looked down... saw the icon... and felt fear.

The blue shell made her go to 3rd place instantly. Kyle had also managed to get a Bullet Bill at this time and got to 2nd place.

Tari was worried. The second round made Tari get into 2nd place, as Kyle made it all the way to 1st.

Behind the couch, Mario was cheering the two of them on, along with Meggy. They watched and cheered as the two played, what felt like, a game of chess.

The 3rd round was close to ending and Tari was so close to victory. The sped up theme of the map was not helping at all.

Kyle was overjoyed. He had never played this game and was most likely going to beat a Meta Runner.

"There's the goal!" He shouted.

Tari was so close. She made it to 1st place and was about to win when...

FINISH!!!

Tari was flabbergasted. Kyle had somehow in the end gotten a speed boost and made it to first place. Luck and all.

"Woooo! That was such a fun round!" Kyle screamed. "Wanna do another?"

"N-no... you umm... can play against Mario now!" Said Tari... with a fake smile on her face.

"I CAN PLAY?!?! WAHOOOO!!!" Shouted Mario, happy as ever.

"Oh! That's fine! We can rematch sometime later. Okay?" Said Kyle.

Tari wasn't happy... but... atleast he was nice. "Yeah... later sounds good."

Meggy watched Tari leave the house. She wanted her to stay a little longer... maybe do something togheter...

But she had already left.

(Sorry this took a while to upload. School stuff lol)