The Apocalypse (PREQUEL)

Leo was chewing on our water bottle for some reason, then looking up so I quickly turned my eyes away, hoping not to be caught. Instead of catching me looking, he caught Izumi. "Shit sorry I just thought... you looked cute.. you were like a squirrel..." Oh my god he cannot be serious. "Omg REALLY?!?!?!" Leo's eyes were sparkling; mine were not. "Leo, that's our water bottle, not just yours. If y'all want me too, I'll go get one to share for just all'a y'all."

I had tanned skin from the sun, freckled face, with sort of long chestnut brown hair. Tied it back in a up-do-braid of course, since my hair's thick and it got hellish when it was hot. I wore a plaid button up, denim jeans, your usual southern attire.

I was a cowboy, in the middle of nowhere it seemed, but in reality, we were in the midst of Antarctica, temperatures not insanely low like they were back in the 20's or whatever.

I couldn't quite recall when I moved to Antarctica, I moved around a lot. I had gone from Texas to Japan. to Texas, and then I met Leo. We instantly became best buddies and decided that we should travel the Antarctic together. He met Izumi here and decided that he should stay here, so I stayed here, but, I made frequent trips back to Japan to see Kanata, but, I took him with me to Antarctica because of his family situation.

That night, something had happened. There was a bomb being set off, and our group and other groups were going to a bunker. Although, they didn't know my ulterior motive.

I was going to find whoever planted this bomb, and.. have my way with them. I didn't care if I died, at least I died trying to do something about the situation instead of hiding.

Some people can't fight, so we people that can fight have to fight for them. Hate that it had to be that way.

"Mikejima, are you alright?" I looked and turned my eyes to HiMERU. His blue hair was slicked back, yellow, topaz eyes staring at me like he wants to domina-

"Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I say, in my usual cheerful voice. "Your eyes... they're very..."

"I'm fine, I'm fine! Don't worry about me, darlin'! Worry 'bout yourselves!" I laugh, smiling, grinning, preparing for maybe all of our demises- but we can't be not hopeful here, can we? The least I could do here was be cheerful, optimistic, just in case we-

"Morisawa-dono, Shinkai-dono... Look! More people!" A purple-haired, short little boy shouted. It was Shinobu-san. "Ooh! Look, there's Mikejima-san!" Chiaki-san. I looked over more and saw... Kanata. I could see he already noticed me and was giving me a certain look. A not really good look.

You see, I haven't had a really good relationship with Kanata-san since we moved here. I took him with me to get away from their family so they could finally get taste of what it's like as a human. We drifted off for some reason, after they met Chiaki-san.. and yeah. I became really jealous of their relationship, so that definitely added to the flame. The way I saw Kanata-san tease Chiaki-san, it's more than I can stand. I would be sick if I had to watch it every day.

"Madara-han." The familiar voice of Kohaku-san comes to my ears; my senses coming to life again after a thought after another. 

"Morisawa's been talking to you for a minute straight and 'ya haven't even said anythin' back." Ah. I see the way Kanata-san looks at me again, I have to give him something in return. Wouldn't be very polite of me. I give him a slight grin.

"Mikejima-san!" I hear Chiaki-san's voice calling for me, I turn my head towards the sound of his overbearing voice. "Yea? Sorry about that. With everythin' happenin', it's hard to not sit around here and think." He eagerly nods. "Yeah, yeah! I get it. How has your group been doing? Ours.. hasn't been doing too well." I see a familiar tall man in the back, breathing for air, of course, he's not fit for this. I know he's probably using excuses for this, since he talks about wanting to die and all of that. I can perfectly imagine him making an excuse about it.