"Don't worry, we just have to get past Richard. The rest is easy." Leroy's body freezes up in fear.

"G-great," he says, his voice trembling. He was not ready for this mission.

Ein returns to his house, sneaking in through his parent's window. Thomas and Tony were fast asleep, which was the perfect time to strike. Cautiously Ein tiptoes past the bed and reaches the floorboard where the book is hidden. He uses a crowbar to lift the floorboard enough to let him carefully remove the book. Ein freezes as he hears movement and quickly checks on his parents. Luckily neither of them seemed to have noticed the creaking of the floorboard. Or at least that's what he thought.

"Ein Lynn Wolfier, what do you think you're up to?" Ein jumps, hearing his mother's stern voice behind him.

"Mom! I uh umm... I was just-" Tony puts a finger on his lips, not letting him speak.

"Save it. You are my son. I can tell when you're going to come up with an excuse. You're a bad liar, just like your father." Ein felt ashamed that he was on the same level as his dad when it came to bending the truth. "Tell me what you're doing with your father's book of spells and incantations." Ein pouts realizing he has no choice but, to tell the truth.

"I... I'm going after Nicolette mom... tonight" Tony's eyes widen with a look of surprise.

"Ein, do you know how dangerous that is!? William is a cold-hearted man, and I don't need you risking your life!"

"I know, Mom, but please! I was there when it all happened, and it eats away at me, knowing I could do nothing to save her, to protect her! I felt so useless!" Tears stream down Ein's cheeks as he tries to explain to his mother just how much he needs to do this. Tony's heart broke hearing her son's words, and as much as she wanted him to stay home in Stitem safe and protected, she knew she couldn't stop him.

"I won't tell your father, but I won't be able to keep him from finding out either. If this is something you feel you absolutely have to do, I am not going to hold you back but please... you are my son, and I don't need you to return in a coffin." Ein hugs Tony tightly.

"I won't, Mom. I'll come back alive, and I'll bring Nicolette back with me" Ein quickly gets out of there, stopping once to look back at his mother before he rushes to their meet-up spot by the gate, ready to fully put the plan in action.

Richard stood by the main gate, giving each guard their position for that night. His armor made him look intimidating as he held his broadsword in hand, infused with his mana. Ein Leroy and Charles watch behind the safety of hay bales nearby. "Ein, there is no way we're getting past Richard," Leroy says, his voice still trembling as he thinks about what will happen if they get caught.

"Don't worry, guys. Richard may be scary, but I think I have a few ideas that can distract him enough to either lure him away or let us sneak by" Ein smiles confidently, trying to reassure his friends. Charles takes out his cell, calling Natalie, and waiting for her to answer. Once she does, bits and pieces of the conversation can be heard.

"Please, Nat, we need your help. We're trying to rescue her or, at the very least, find out what happened to her... she used to be your best friend, and Richard is an absolute simp for you. We need you to help us out," Charles pleads with Natalie.

"I don't want you guys going on a suicide mission! It's dangerous, and I'm not distracting my husband just so you guys can go get yourselves killed!" Natalie says sternly, attempting to get her point across.

"Nat, I know we might seem like a bunch of idiots, and we're not asking you to do this for us but for Nicolette's sake... for the sake of the close friendship you and she had." Charles played his trump card, and their anxiety increases as it goes silent on Natalie's end of the line. After a few minutes of silence, Natalie responds.

"If you guys get yourselves killed, that's entirely on you, but please.... bring her back home" The three of them smile and high-five, glad to finally have Natalie's help. They wait patiently for Natalie to make her appearance.

"There you are, my love!" The trio watches as Natalie approaches Richard with a smile. Richard's expression turns from a serious one to one of surprise.

"My little nightingale, what are you doing out here?" Richard asks with a hint of confusion.

"Is it so wrong of me to miss the most handsome man in the world?" Natalie says as she caresses Richard's cheek. Richard can't help but smile. "Is this your attempt at asking for something nightingale?" Ein wanted to gag at the interaction between his older brother and Natalie. It was far too lovey-dovey for his taste.

"Not wrong at all, my nightingale, but it is late, and the nighttime is not safe," Richard says as he takes her hand, kissing her palm. Natalie blushes as he does so.

"Well then, perhaps you and I could go for a stroll? I know it's late, but I really want to spend some time with you, and it's been a while since we've taken a stroll together, just the two of us." Richard hesitates for a moment but eventually agrees, wanting to make sure Natalie is content and happy.

"As you wish, my nightingale." With that, Richard and Natalie head off for a stroll side by side, the two smiling as they chat together. Ein sighs of relief now that his brother is out of the picture.

"That... was way easier than I thought it would be," Leroy says, quite impressed by the scene that unfolded before him.

"The thing about men in my family is we all tend to be at the complete mercy of our girlfriends or wives. We're raised to believe we are on equal terms, and a happy wife is a happy life," Ein says with a slight grin. "I hope to someday have Nicolette boss me around, even just a little." His cheeks flushed pink at the thought.

"If your brother comes back, we're screwed, so let's hurry up and move along with the plan!" Ein could tell Leroy was starting to panic and looks around the area. He hurries over to one of the buildings and touches a vine as his eyes glow their natural green color. Slowly the vines begin to grow and break apart from the building, moving along the ground toward the guards around the gate. Leroy and Charles watch in amazement as Ein uses his abilities to control the vines.

Slowly the vines reach the guards and wrap around their ankles before dragging them away, startling them. Before the guards can signal or cry out for help or backup, the vines wrap around them entirely, blocking any noise and preventing anything from getting out. The trio quickly rushes towards the gate, where Ein sees a glimpse of the light blue seal surrounding the walls.

"Can you break it?" Charles asks, giving Ein a hopeful look. Ein takes a deep breath and opens the book looking through the pages until he sees the sigil representing the seal being used.

"I may be my father's son, but that doesn't mean I have his abilities... let's just hope I have enough in me to do something about this, even a little." Ein begins speaking in Italian as his eyes glow white. "Prendi questo posto in cui tengo e rompi il sigillo che controlla. Prendi il cuore del sigillo e piega le regole che lo tengono in atto. Non lasciando una sola traccia." Within a few seconds, the seal starts to change and deform, forming a small opening.

"That's it! Ein, you did it!" Ein's mana was running low, and he felt weak as he stumbled forward, Charles catching him by the waist. "Easy there," Charles says, "I think you've pushed yourself enough for one day. Now, how about we get out of here before we get caught by anyone?" Ein nods, his vision blurred from the heavy use of his mana.

"Yeah, let's go rescue Nicolette."