A Strucken Deal

The look in Nyx's eyes was one of distrust. The man before her was offering something that, while it caught her attention, she was unsure of it being worthwhile. Most would take Nyx as a goddess from Greek Mythology when this version was just the dark side of Nicolette and her abilities. The true holder of all Nicolette's power and strength. William wanted nothing more than to have Nyx on his side.

Nobody knows the exact reason for William's hatred towards most things, but one thing was clear. The Wolfier and Lyiora families would always be at odds from an old feud. Even if you read half the letters exchanged between William and Ronan, you wouldn't be able to piece together what caused the two most prominent Mafia families to go from partners to enemies so fast.

Ein hides behind a barrier, scared for his life. He knew that if he was caught, he would surely be killed, but he couldn't bear the thought of losing Nicolette to that man. The sight of Nora's dying body was something Ein had only seen in his worst nightmares as he tried his best to not throw up. If he had a chance to drive William out, he would try, even if it was incredibly risky.

Ein peeked from around the corner of the barrier, looking at the scene before him. On one knee, William held his hand out to what Ein could only assume used to be Nicolette. "Come on, Nyx, let me train the both of you. Let me make you stronger than you've ever been before. You just barely awakened, and that girl has no idea how to control you." Nyx thought over the man's words, and he wasn't wrong.

She could feel the panic and fear within her body when she was awakened. She needed to become one with this girl as soon as possible. "If you can train me as you say, I'll gladly accept your offer." A grin formed on William's lips. Ein couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had to do something! He picked up a rock and threw it, hitting William on the back. This caught William's attention as he turned to face Ein. "What is another little brat doing here?"

William stared at him for a moment longer, and his eyes narrowed. "The signature brown hair and green eyes. Of course, you're related to that man." That man? Was he talking about Ronan? Ein started panicking, but he was determined to hold his ground. He could get a better look at Nyx, taking in what she looked like. That thing was hiding, lying dormant inside Nicolette all this time?. A heavy kick to his stomach brought him out of his thoughts.

Ein laid on the ground gasping for air and gagging as he felt he had to throw up. "A little being of life" William lifted Ein by the hair. "I suppose you would be their little ray of hope, wouldn't you? Such a fragile little thing." Ein was thrown back down on the ground and left there. "I'll leave you alive. I'm not worried about you in the slightest I mean, look at you! You're powers haven't even awakened!"

Ein got up, stumbling over the corpses of residents. He could smell the overwhelming iron scent of blood in the air, making him sick to his stomach. The homes continued to burn as the fire raged on, trying to be put out by those left alive. Ein spotted Charles and Leroy, who like him, were hiding. He motions for them to leave the scene as it is too dangerous. The two shake their heads, wanting to stick by Ein's side.

Ein knew that, as kids, they didn't stand a chance, so he grabbed their hands, making them leave with him. The last thing he wanted to do was leave Nicolette behind, but they would surely be killed if he tried to interfere again. He would come back for her. Even if it was 10 years from now, he'd make sure to come back for her. Atlas's ears were ringing as he pulled himself up a bit, trying to steady his vision. He used his arms to pull himself toward Nora and pulled her into his arms.

Atlas could hardly stop his body from trembling as he held her in his arms. Her body was cold and limp. He didn't want to accept that yet another person he loved died because of his father. He tried to hold back the tears that fell trickled down his cheeks. Why was it that no matter what he did, he couldn't escape that past he tried so desperately to get away from? He held Nora close in his arms and caressed her cheek, wishing he could've been able to do something.