𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Start from the beginning

Damian's attention instantly went to Carmen like the pussy whipped bitch he was, but Carmen stayed true to her promise and refused to give him the time of day. I grinned like an evil queen but covered it up as a cough when Damian's glare met mine. "What?" I played innocent.

"Nothing." He grumbled, slouching back in the island stool.

I avoided Maikel's eyes at all cost, because I was still pissed at him the other day. Sure, we got into petty catfights all the time, but this one struck a nerve and I didn't have time for him today. We could go back to being sworn enemies tomorrow, but today, I was going to enjoy this day with my friends.

"Where are you going?" Maikel asked, running a hand through his golden locks and putting his cap on backward.

"To the beach with the guys. Speaking of which, can you please drop us off? An Uber's too much hassle. It's easier this way." Carmen frowned at her brother's choice of headwear. "You look silly in the cap."

"My lady friends seem to love it, so keep your negative opinions to yourself. And sure, we'll drop you."

"Really? Is that it?" Cammy asked. There was no way. It was too fucking easy.

He nodded, "Yeah. If," There it was, the catch. The dog pointed to me. "She asks. Real nice."

Of course, because Maikel would never feel like doing something kind for others once in his privileged life. He always had to go and make things difficult, didn't he?

"You can forget that, I'll book an Uber." I grabbed my phone and opened the app, scrolling to find an available ride. But to my luck, there were none. I looked up and saw Maikel struggling to hold back a smirk, as if he knew that already.

"We'll walk. It's good exercise." I suggested.

"My asthma." Carmen reminded us all with a rattle of her inhaler and I sighed.

"I'll give you a piggyback there. Problem solved."

"It's a half hour drive." Damian smacked his teeth and I sucked in a large breath, shutting my eyes and praying for any kind of assistance from the universe, here.

"All I want is a please, Nila. I'm sure your stone cold heart can muster that word up somehow, right? Or are you just the Medusa freak we all know and hate." He taunted, cocking his head sideways as he tested to see how far he could go.

I rolled my eyes. "The same Medusa freak your friends are all begging to fuck? Jealousy doesn't suit you, Maikel."

I felt a light slap to my arm and I whipped my head sideways to find Carmen warning me with her eyes; a silent plea on her face. I stood my ground for a solid minute before huffing and giving in, facing Maikel. I can't believe I was about to do this.

"Can you," I spoke through gritted teeth. "drop me and Carmen off to the beach." I grit out. This is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. Even worse than the time I pissed myself at a fourth grade recital in front of my crush.

He leaned forward with his ear facing me, a knowing smile on his face as him and Damian waited for more. Realization settled in on what they were wanting and I stepped back with a scoff. "You're not getting a please from me if that's what you want."

"Okay, no lift to the beach." Maikel threw his hands up and Damian chuckled, although his gaze was still on Carmen and a frown appeared.

Cammy came to the rescue. "Please, Kai. We would have to walk and then I'd have an asthma attack and it will all be your fault."

"We'll drive you. Put your shoes on." Damian jumped at the opportunity to get Carmen to notice him and agreed, grabbing his keys and walking to the front.