chapter three

don't say a word.

The next morning I walked out of my room to find Odell leaning into my refrigerator with his arm on the door.

"You're not going to find anything... " I sighed, folding my arms at my doorframe.

"You don't believe in groceries, girl?" He asked finally giving up and closing the door.

"I'm broke, mr. football player." He glared at me and bit the corner of his lip.

"Feeling better? Great. Look I have to go so... yea." He trailed off. "Why don't I wire some money to your bank account and call it a day. You do have a bank account, right?"

"No, I prefer to keep my 13.96 in a shoe box in my room." I sarcastically replied, rolling my eyes at him.

He decided to let that one go I guess.

"You can't tell anyone about this." he explained with all seriousness.

I assume he means him staying at my house or maybe he means pulling me off the roof or maybe he means Ashley. Could he mean offering to give me money?

We have quickly developed a deep history.

"Don't tell anyone about what exactly?" I asked, wiping my hand over my face and tilting my head.

"Anything. Just pretend you never met me, alright?" He shrugged, going to grab his phone off the couch.

"Keep your money, jackass." I said, rolling my eyes again. I turned to go into my bedroom and shut the door behind me. Seconds later, I heard the front door open and close.

Who the fuck was that guy? I thought to myself.

I looked at my nightstand where my phone was. Not one missed call, as usual.

Right now, all I wanted to do was sleep. I had no more cry left in me and I was still extremely tired.

•••

|Odell|

|Odell|

"Yo Odell, You look a little shook up. That broad you took home must of been something!" My teammate, Rueben, said, patting me on the shoulder.

I let out a slight chuckle before going back to my weights.

"Yea..." I agreed, nodding my head.

Honestly, I couldn't get last night out of my head. I had never felt so scared in my life. Even though I didn't even know her, I still felt like if she killed herself, it will be my fault. I just left her at her apartment alone.

I wondered how she was doing. It scared me that she was now etched into the forefront of my memory. I remember when she was on the rooftop her hair clung to the sides of her face and back of her arms. She had the smoothest skin I'd ever seen with full pink lips and a dimple on her left cheek.

What really got me shook were her eyes. The way she looked at me. Her lips were telling me to go but her eyes were begging for help.

Big, brown, round eyes.

"What's on your mind, dude?" Victor asked concerned, pulling my out of my thoughts.

"Amy put it down on him last night." Rueben said laughing hysterically.

I thought her name was Angel. Yikes.

"So, you hitting up the club tonight?" Victor asked me.

"Don't I always?" I said walking over to the weight bench.

"Ya' know how Odell do, he roll through, scope a baddie, back to crib it is." Rueben laughed, giving me dap.

Victor just shook his head. He's a one woman type of man. Good for him. I'm too sexy for that shit.

•••