Chapter II

'There are too many strong people here.'

In fact, there were too many of them. No matter where the main character went, there were either strong individuals or individuals with hidden secrets. These individuals were both human and other races.

'I at least need the strength to protect myself.'

In order to live long without pain in the continent that will soon be filled with war, you needed a decent level of strength. Of course, you could not be too strong. Then other complicated things will happen.

Cecilia thought about the different fateful encounters that occurred in the beginning parts of the novel. The powers that strengthen the main character and his party members. She was thinking about the ones that would help her live long without pain. There were a couple that came to mind. She just needed to pick one of them.

She lightly frowned. Even this, 'simple,' attire was extremely extravagant and not to her liking. At least the make up wasn't too overboard.

Lilian made her wear the inner garments which included slips, padded corset and petticoat. Then a corset cover was added. She then wrapped a pad on her hips. And then another petticoat was added. She fluffed out some parts of the blouse and finally added a large sash and the cropped coat.

So that's what she was doing.... She augmented her chest and upper hip which created an illusion of small waist. Her post pregnancy belly wasn't even visible.

'Weird how they made corsets sound so terrifying but mine is just there and I feel no discomfort.'

Well, the dresses in this world are soon going to go out of fashion because of the war and the women adapting to shirts and pants. The movement had already begun but the noble women still stuck to dresses since they have no physical work unlike commoners.

'I'm still shocked by this type of illusion technique. Is this the type of technique that Victorian women used? That would explain the photos of women and their unnaturally tiny waists.'

However, the reflection in the mirror was quite beautiful.

'She really is beautiful and makes any clothes look good.'

The face really was the final piece to fashion. She looked in the mirror and fixed her sleeves before turning around to look at Lilian.

"Your Highness Cecilia, shall we move to the dining room?" Lilian asked as she took Athanasia in her arms.