nine "take care.."

Start from the beginning

"i'm not mad that you like me, hanni-ya." i caressed her hand with my thumbs.

"you're not?" she looked at me while i kept my eyes at our hands.

"how can i? your feelings can't be helped and there's nothing wrong with liking someone." this time, my eyes were at hers and i gave a faint smile.

"i'm happy to hear that.." she smiled out of relief and looked down at our hands that's still holding each other.

"you were right on something." i confessed quietly.

"hmm?" she hummed.

"my smile during your party, i haven't smiled like that in a while."

"that's the smile special to my heart because it's the smile that made your eyes disappear and your gums show. never saw that smile in two years nari-ya.."

"i guess it was only you that took a toll on me that day, it was unnie too."

"unnie?"

"she was gone two weeks ago after our fight.."

"right.."

i teared up at the thought of how hard that time period was for me. the constant fights with hanni, the constant pain i saw in my unnie's eyes, the constant battle she and i were going through together..

"my nari.. it must've been tough for you.."

she turned my body to her gently, slipping her arms under my arms and around my waist, bringing my arms up to rest around her shoulder. she naturally pulled me closer by my lower hips, i may be taller but i'm the type that is submissive, bit of TMI for you.

our heads rested against each other and our bodies felt each other's warmth.

i was right on another thing too.

she made me happy but my heart didn't do anything.

it didn't rise nor did it drop.

"i'm sorry for everything. " hanni whispered.

"we're both at fault here. i'm sorry for everything too."

"can i give you something as a final sorry?"

she lifted her head off my shoulder, i looked her with curiosity and tilted my head.

she inched closer and closer until her lips reached..

..my forehead and she gave it a long yet gentle kiss.

"i'm sorry for letting my feelings get in the way of your happiness. i want you to be happy with her. am i forgiven?"

"i don't think minji would like that you kissed me."

"hey. yunjin unnie kisses you too, what's different about me?" she was slightly offended at that, but i know she was being playful of it.

"you like me and yunjin unnie doesn't."

"who said she doesn't?"

i flicked her forehead and glared at her while pointing my finger to her face.

"she doesn't because.." i leaned in closer to her ear.

"she likes zuha unnie." i whispered and i instantly regretted it.

"YUNJIN UNNIE LIKES-"

she yelled so loudly that i had to shut her up with my hand, hopefully that everyone doesn't wake up and come here to wonder why she's yelling in the middle of the night.

"shhhhhh!"

she looked at me like i was the one who was crazy for shushing her, as if she didn't scream bloody murder just now.

i removed my hand from her mouth and i shushed her again with my finger pressed against my lips.

"why didn't anyone tell me?!"

"maybe because you can't keep your mouth shut like you did 30 seconds ago."

"i'm sorry man, i can't help it."

we stared into each other's eyes and then suddenly bursted out into a laughing fit.

this went on for about 5 minutes.

after a few more minutes, we finally calmed down and hugged everything out.

"it's nice to have you back like this, pham hanni."

"i wasn't planning on going anywhere, i'm here to stay hwang nari."

we let go of each other in time for the door to open.

minji and a very grumpy hyein was standing at the door, i think i made her wait too long.

"hanni unnie! what are you doing to keep my eomma away for so long?!" she complained.

"araso araso, you can have your eomma." she waved me away.

"yah, this is my room."

"it's my room now bro, don't know what to tell you." she shrugged and i rolled my eyes at her sassiness.

i stood up first to head to my big baby who was pouting as she held her favorite bunny plushie.

hanni followed behind me, but she went to minji instead. i took the initiative to take hyein back to the room to finally get some sleep.

as hyein and i walked out the room, i caught what hanni said to minji..

"take care.. of her for me."

———

woooahh, thank you bunnies for already 700+ reads! i appreciate everything from the reads to the comments!

did you guys watch mask girl? if not, you should! if you already watched it, you should know how episode 4 was like.. i cried ☹️