chapter 10

Désiré

I woke up to the sound of the alarm blaring in my head, no matter how hard I tried to block out the sound, it wasn't working. I groaned and reluctantly got up to prepare for school, took my shower, got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Oh, that's great, she's here", mom says excitedly and I wondered what was going on.

"Come take your seat dear",mom says and I eye her suspiciously before taking a seat beside Joe.

"Your mom and I were discussing on giving you guys a car to ride to school, since your mom and I have to go to work, we wouldn't want to be late thereby inconveniencing you guys and we certainly do not want you to be late to school"

"Really!", I say getting all excited wanting to know if they were serious or not.

" Of course and since Joe is on the football team, there's a tendency that he will be coming home late and we definitely wouldn't want to inconvenience you or your friends" mom says agreeing with dad

  I excitedly jumped up hugging mom and dad, kissing them each on the cheek. I was so happy that we now have our own car and I didn't have to wake up super early to ride with dad.

"But you have to be careful", dad says with a serious tone.

"We will", Joe and I say simultaneously.

"You will be solely responsible for the maintenance of the car", mom chirps in.

"We will", we reply nodding our head in confirmation.

"I guess we have to give them the key"

"Yes please", I say getting all excited.

"Fine", dad say before bringing out the car key and handing it over to Joe and I let out a squeal, hugging dad again.

"I leave you in charge, don't disappoint me", dad says sternly.

"Don't let your sister drive", mom butted in.

"Mommmm", I say whining and they all laugh.

  We soon got prepared and got ready to go to school.

"Bye everyone, love you", I say kissing mom and dad on their cheek before heading towards the door.

"Love you too, bye, drive safely and remember to always wear your seat belt",dad says.

"Safety first", mom says.

" They'll be fine ", dad says reassuring mom.

" I call shotgun", I say excited to be finally riding shotgun. "Woahhh, woaaah", I shouted and Joe laughs at my childishness.

"Put on your seatbelt, remember safety first".

"Whatever", I say but putting my seatbelt on anyways.

" How's your chest? ", Joe suddenly asks.

" It's fine, the swelling had reduced and the pain is minimal",I reply with a smile.

" You sure we don't need to check it at the doctor's? "

" Nope, it's fine ".

" If you say so".

    We soon arrived at school and I couldn't help but imagine what today had in store for me.

"Come on, I'll walk you to class", Joe says before getting out of the car after he had successfully packed, taking my hand in his before asking. "What class do you have now".

"English lit", I reply remembering how I recited my schedule last night and it's now stuck in my brain.

"Come on", he says.

We reached the front of my class before he lets go of my hand.

"Text me when it's lunch".

"Okay, bye", I say waving at him before entering my class.

So Joe and Désiré finally got their own car!!, Yayyyyy🎉🎉.

I'm excited for what the next chapter has in store, I know this chapter is not as long as expected but I promise to make it up to you guys in the next chapter.

Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comment section, like, share and follow.

Till we meet again ❤️,ciao ✌️.