XXI : Eyes don't lie

Start from the beginning

"Irmina," Natasha huffed, crossing her arms while Irmina carried her to the living room.

Aki let out an exhale, feeling the joy Irmina was feeling. Every shadow could feel what Irmina felt which was honestly really strange. Meyer smiled at her, seeing that smile.

"She's falling in love."

Ossy straightens up, catching a glimpse of something on his scope. Meyer slides over to check while Aki watched their backs, her bow already in hand.

Irmina is fairly terrifying and very hard, almost impossible, to fight against if the woman utilised all of what she learned about her powers. But she only uses the knowledge they have.

All the things she knew, it wasn't taught by her father but the killings he made her endure ever since Irmina was a successful experiment.

The doctors, the scientists and the greatest strategists and many more genius minds she had killed have forgiven her for when she cut their lives short. They decided to teach her everything they know and Irmina being the genius curiously she was, she is forever grateful for their teachings.

She had learned how to operate on herself whenever she find herself with a nasty and deep wound. She had learned to hack into the highest level of securities or even make new technologies for her use. She had learned how to read people better.

Irmina listened to their ramblings about their studies in return and let them see the world with her. Even allowed them to have goodbyes to their families.

The assassins, mercenaries and soldiers have the modern weapons as Irmina dabbled whenever she had the chance. A lot have stuck to their weapons, like Aki who has stuck to her bows and another stuck to his blades.

Hell, she learned how to swim from a naval soldier she killed back in World War 2.

Right at this moment, Irmina has help from a French chef that just wants to cook with her despite her not needing any help.

"This is Fleur, she's here every time I cook—"

"So you have never cooked by yourself."

"Hey! I do! She's always here!"

"She indeed cooks by herself and I like to be here every time she cooks, with other chefs too."

"Wait, why did you kill chefs?"

"I didn't."

"I found my way here. The afterlife sucks if you have nowhere to go and are alone."

"Well, now you are crowded."

"My god, you need to use your imaginary to create a town for us or something."

"That's too much work."

Irmina received a glare from the French and took over with the cooking while an Italian Doctor spawned in, in front of Natasha which frightened her. He apologised before asking if he could check on her injuries while Irmina argued in the kitchen.

Whatever Ossy saw, was a false alarm, it was just some teenagers running around while adults are slowly returning from work after a few other shadows confirmed it. Believe it or not, the area where Irmina lived had gotten a lot safer. No one dared to do stupid shit or cause any trouble after finding out a three-star general was their neighbour. They also met said neighbours who were invited to many parties but didn't have the time to go.

All shadows turned invisible except for Irmina when there was a knocking on her door.

"Guten Abend!"

"Guten Abend, Bernadette." Irmina returns the greeting before offering for them to come in because that's what good neighbours do. This was the old grandma down the hall that lives with her granddaughter, who is hiding behind her and very shy. "Anything to drink?"