𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Start from the beginning

"My mother is dying. She was put in a coma about 3 days ago. They're not sure she is going to survive. With all that and Naboo's crisis, I'm not sure what will happen." Hera explained sadly, and Anakin looked at her in sympathy.

Anakin reached into his pocket and pulled out a wooden pendant on a black string.

"I made this for you. So you'd remember me. I carved it out of a vapor snippet... It will bring you good fortune." Anakin explained as he handed it do her as she looks at it before putting it around her neck with a small smile.

"It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you by. I will always care for you, Anakin. But I will still keep it with me." Hera said as she looked back to Anakin.

"I care for you too. Only I..." Anakin said before trailing off as tears came to his eyes.

"... Miss your mother."  Hera finished, and Anakin looks at her, unsure what to say.

She leaned forward and gave him a hug in comfort as he hugged her back.

~~~

About an hour later, Hera sat in her designated seat in the cockpit, and Ric Olie sat in his. Anakin sat in between them in an extra chair as they neared a landing platform on Coruscant that had been assigned to them. Anakin looked out of the cockpit window in awe.

"Coruscant... the entire planet is one big city. There's Chancellor Valor's shuttle. And look over there, Senator Palapatine and Senator Loveperk are waiting for us." Ric Olie explained.

He pointed to a shuttle that had just landed and guard came out of it. Two figures, an older man and a young adult woman, stood on the landing platform. The man was Sheev Palpatine, Senator of Naboo, and the woman was Emialy Loveperk, Senator of Selene. The ship landed on the landing platform as the Chancellor moved to stand next to the two Senators. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Jar Jar, Anakin, and Hera descended the ramp first and walked up the Chancellor and Senators. The bowed to them, and everyone except Hera stepped to the side. Sabe stepped up next to Hera while the handmaidens stood behind them.

"It is a great gift to see you alive, Your Majesties. With the communications breakdown, we've become very concerned. I'm anxious to hear your reports on the situation." Senator Palpatine said, and Senator Loveperk nodded in agreement.

"May we present Supreme Chancellor Valorum." Senator Loveperk said to Sabe, since Hera had already known the Chancellor.

"Welcome, Your Highnesses. It's an honor to finally meet you both in person." Chancellor Valorum said, and Hera noticed Anakin was nervous so she sent him a small reassuring smile.

"Thank you, Supreme Chancellor." Sabe said as they began walking away, with Chancellor Valorum, Sabe, Hera, Senator Palpatine, and Senator Loveperk leading them.

"I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the current situation. I've called for a special session of the Senate to hear your position." Chancellor Valorum said somberly.

"I am grateful for your concern, Chancellor." Sabe said somewhat bitterly.

The two Senators began leading the Queen, Hera, and the Queen's retinue off of the platform and toward an air taxi that had been waiting for them.