Chapter 5

“So, how was it?”

Becky looked up from her paper works and stare at the council secretary, her best friend, “What do you mean, Irin?” She asked, confused on what the other girl is talking about.

Irin chuckled turning her chair around to face the older, “Oh c’mon, Bec. You’ve got to tell us how was your night with Freen.”

Mind joined the teasing after signing the papers in front of her, “I heard she cooked you food.” Mind wiggled her eyebrows to tease the younger more.

Becky couldn’t help but roll her eyes and scoff, “She did, and why is that a big deal? And besides that was like a week ago.” Becky said before facing her paper works again, “And please, let’s just continue our works. And oh, I got an appointment tomorrow.”

Irin and Mind looked at each other before standing up and made their way towards Becky’s table, “You have a check–up?” The oldest of the three asked, worried on her friend’s wellbeing.

Becky sighed before nodding, “Yeah, and let’s hope it’s something good.”

She’s actually scared and well, who wouldn’t? When it’s her life they are going to talk about? God knows how scared she is but it won’t give her anything good so she keeps on thinking positive.

Irin and Mind saw the worry in their best friend’s eyes, so without second thoughts they hug the older girl. It’s the least they could do anyway.

“Becky!”

The three stopped their touching moment when they heard a boisterous voice outside their office and by the sound of it, it’s like something’s going to happen.

Becky looked at her friends before standing up to open the door, “Oh hey, Nam.” She greeted the moment she met the huge pair of eyes of the unexpected guest.

“The squad wants to have some dinner outside and we thought you guys could join us.”

And Becky doesn’t have the heart to reject some delightful offer especially with those hopeful puppy eyes of the other staring at her. So, she turned around to face her best friends, silently asking them if they can.

Mind nodded beaming a small smile, “Sure, Nam. We’re just going to fix our stuff here and meet you guys.” Mind said before the other lass wave them goodbye after saying to meet them at the car park later at 5.

“So?” Noey asked the moment Nam came back from inviting the other new friends they found the past few weeks, “Did they say yes?”

“Who can say no to me?” Nam grinned before taking a seat beside the silent girl, “And oh Freen, you have your car with you, right?” She asked.

Freen frown before shaking her head, “Nah, Love picked me up earlier.”

“What?” Nam sighed before slumping down on her seat earning confused gazes from her friends, “And here I thought, I could set you up with Becky.”

“Stop it, Nam. We know that we’re just pretending so stop whatever plan you have right now.” Freen glare at her friend, “And you know I’m not fond of having such.”

Noey snickered, “You’re gonna eat your words soon, Freen.”

Freen just rolled her eyes in response, getting tired of the teases of her friends. Since the start of this pretend shit, Freen’s oh so called friends would always tease her about Becky. Because according to the two youngest, Freen would always look so soft when she’s with Becky when she’s never like that even to them. And so, seeing her go all soft with the other girl sparks the interest of her friends.