10: Fleeing, A Flashback, And Nearly Hatred

Start from the beginning

'You're having them take care of the bookshop?', he looks at him suspiciously.

'Well, they were there and I don't think they can do much wrong. Why? What's wrong with that?'

'Nothing. Just thought you cared about it.', the elevator finally arrived.

Aziraphale was a bit offended by that as they stepped out of the elevator. 'I do! Why wouldn't I?'

Crowley looked around, spotting the bookshop and his Bentley.

'Well, you chose your toxic relationship with Heaven over the bookshop and being an us. Doesn't seem like you care about all that too much.'

He walked over to the Bentley, Aziraphale close behind.

'Crowley, listen-' 'Still don't wanna hear it.', he got in the driver's seat, but as Aziraphale wanted to get in the passenger seat, he interrupted.

'Really don't want you sitting there right now.' He gestured to the back seat.

And when he got in the back, Crowley sped through the streets of the busy Soho.

And on cue, the Bentley started playing Queen's 'Love Of My Life'.

Crowley scoffed at that, but didn't even try to turn it off.

Aziraphale was silent at first. He had never felt worse in his entire life then right now. And he had absolutely no idea what to tell him.

'Do you remember when we first heard that song?', he finally stated.

Crowley gave no physical reaction.

-1975-

It was the 21st of November, 1975, and Crowley had invited Aziraphale to a evening at the pub by letter.

Aziraphale had started to send Crowley letters now and then, because Heaven just wouldn't understand why he was so excited about most of it.

And Crowley responded every now and then, too, just because he could.

The both of them didn't meet in pubs too often, but it was a special night.

Queen's 'A Night At The Opera' was released.

And Crowley was quite excited, because not only because he knew Freddie Mercury and loved Queen's music from the moment he heard 'Killer Queen' from 'Sheer Heart Attack' a year before, but also because he was told that he was the inspiration for some of the songs.

He hadn't told Crowley about it, partly because he didn't know which ones it were, but also because he didn't remember most of the conversations he had with Freddie.

He had been drinking a lot. And apparently talking a lot.

Aziraphale knew that Crowley loved their music, and he was more than happy to accept the invitation, even if he didn't want to realise it.

They talked and listened to the music, and it had been a rather pleasant evening.

And so far, Crowley was sure that he was inspiration for 'I'm In Love With My Car.'

After 'The Prophet's Song', he was once again excited about what the next song would be.

He could never have guessed it would be 'Love Of My Life.'

After the short moment of emotion after the first line, Crowley chuckled slightly.

'What's so amusing, dear?' Aziraphale asked.

'Do you see these two people over there?', he gestured over to a couple having a rather emotional break up.

After watching the conversation for a while, Aziraphale spoke up again. 'Do tell me what's amusing about these two. Their hearts are broken.'

'I've seen couples break up. They're louder usually, right? More dramatic and angry and loud.'

The both of them continued to observe the couple.

'It matches the song, don't you think?', Aziraphale said after one of them left.

Crowley glanced at the man who was still sitting there. 'I suppose I does.'

-Present Day-

But after a few moments, Crowley snickered.

It was ironic.

The song matched that couple, those years ago, and now it matched them.

'Beneath the mask of rage lies the beating heart of devotion, a guise woven by affection's hand. Let not hope abandon you, lest the specter of doom claims your fate. Stand resolute, for the threads of destiny hang in balance, awaiting your choice to shape the tapestry of time.'

- - -
hey people.

it's almost 3am right now and i'm publishing anyways.

uhhhh i watched indiana jones those few hours ago and i didn't just watch it just because of mads mikkelsen and phoebe waller-bridge. (but they were the main reasons, the other one being my mother watched the first four with me once).

and PLEASE if the girls in cinema 1, row D, seats 3 and 4, from 8pm to almost 11pm, on the 19th august are reading this right now,

i can relate to your reactions to mads mikkelsen on screen.

if one of you are reading this right now then i'm gonna eat a broom. but c'mon i believe rightfully if i think you like dilfs, huh?

(still, can relate.)

wanna vote if u like this chapter? :))