Chapter 2

A few days had passed since they had arrived at blue lock. Team X was currently doing an endurance test and Belphegor looked like he was about to pass out.

"Hah! You look like you're gonna pass out Belphie!" Mammon shouted as Belphegor glared at his older brother. "Shut up Stupidmammon," Belphegor spoke as Mammon laughed.

Asmodeus was sweating and he groaned. "I hate this! I'm covered in sweat and I feel disgusting!" The champagne-haired male whined as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Y/n was running without breaking a sweat, which made Leviathan bubble with envy. "How isn't he sweating?" The indigo-haired male complained as Satan looked at him.

"You seem to forget that he always works out." The blond replied. They finally finished running and Belphegor collapsed as soon as he got off the treadmill.

Leviathan fell to his knees as Simeon grabbed everyone's water bottles and handed them out. Solomon lifted his shirt to wipe all the sweat off his face as he observed the seven brothers.

Not too long after Lucifer forced everyone to start the jumping test. Simeon was able to jump the highest out of the team, which surprised the other 10 players in the room.

After the jumping test the speaker went off to signal it was time to eat. Everyone from Team X made their way to get their food.

Y/n was given what he had in the past few days. He had received dumpings, radishes, rice and miso soup.

He went and sat next to Belphegor who was passed out with his food in front of him. Once Y/n ate his food he stared at Belphegor's food for a few minutes and eventually decided to eat it.

-----

"Ahem...we have finished compiling the test results from the last few days. So hurry up and wake the rest of your team to look at your new rankings." Ego said as Barbatos was awakened from his slumber.

The dark green-haired male sighed as he got out of bed. He woke up Diavolo first and then Lucifer. Lucifer had helped Barbatos wake up the rest of their team. (Lucifer had to go to the shower to get Levi and wake him up.)

Once the boys had awoken (and returned to the room) they looked down at their arms.

"Look! I'm ranked 249 now!" Asmodeus exclaimed as Belphegor sleepily rubbed his eyes.

"Why are you already this hyper? We just woke up." The sleepy male complained as he yawned.

"Hello, and nicely done. All of you unpolished gems. Are you enjoying your lives here at Blue Lock?" Ego asked as Team X looked at the screen.

There were mixed responses from the 11 teenagers and Ego hummed. "Mixed responses, now let's talk about Blue Lock.

This facility is arranged into five different strata. We have 25 teams, ranging from 'B' to 'Z', with each set of five teams in a stratum living in the same conditions. By the way, 25 players one from each team, were eliminated during our game of tag.

There are a total of 275 players currently residing in Blue Lock." Ego said as Y/n tuned out of his speech.

The hungry teenager looked back at his twin brother, the tired male had fallen asleep while sitting up. His stomach grumbled and Y/n immediately looked towards Lucifer. The eldest brother shook his head and Y/n just pouted.

"Players of higher ranks from the other blocks have the better means and training equipment." Y/n heard and looked at the screen Ego was on.

"Here is where the finest football players get to live like kings. Win, so you too can seize such a lifestyle! This is what it means to be in Blue Lock. Let the first selection begin."

-----

"First selection, starting next week. The first selection will be between you, the 55 players of the 5th stratum consisting of a round-robin of the 5 teams within it.

When all is said and done, only the top two teams advance to the second selection. It's all or nothing." Ego spoke as the eleven teenagers listened.

"How are 11 players that are all forwards supposed to play as a team?" Barbatos asked.

"Scrap the football knowledge you have and start from scratch. You will build it back up in the first selection.

It's ultimately up to you how you play but, get rid of that old football knowledge." Ego replied as Barbatos nodded. "Understood, thank you for answering my question." The dark green-haired male spoke while bowing.

-----

"So how are we going to decide our positions?"

"How about we not and let it be a free for all on the field?"

"We at least need a goalkeeper."

"Hm, I say Barbatos as the goalkeeper."

"I agree!"

"If that is what the Young Master wishes," Barbatos replied making Diavolo smile.

"The first selection will be round-robin involving all 5 teams in this stratum. Only the top two highest-positioned teams at the end of all 10 matches will qualify.

While the worst three teams will be eliminated. Means, the members of those teams will be immediately expelled from Blue Lock." The lanky man said.

He ended up losing Y/n's attention once again. The constantly hungry teen lay down and stared at the roof, imagining that he was eating an all-you-can-eat buffet.

"The first game will be held 2 hours from now, between team X and team Y." Y/n heard Ego say before the lanky man disappeared off the screen.

"So, are we gonna have a strategy?"

"I say we just go in and win."

"Will we have positions?"

"We've all played together before, why don't we stick to the way we play normally?"

"That's a good idea, it'll also be a lot easier."

"There's a high chance that there isn't another full team of people that know each other."

"That's true," Barbatos said as Solomon just smiled.

"Let's crush them why don't we?" The white-haired male asked with a sadistic tone as Simeon just laughed.

-----
Unedited
A/n
- Lucifer is fuming about not being the best in the team and wasn't placed in the best team
Word count: 1021