Ch. 19 - "I Don't Ever Want Us to be Apart."

Quote: Zero by NewJeans.

We're slowing down back into the story soon 😌 enjoy the happiness while it lasts (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

______________________________________________

The moment I opened the doors to leave Jujutsu High, I was met with heavy rain. Dark clouds covered the sky and puddles formed on any uneven ground.

'What a bummer, it has been raining all day. I love rain and all, but I'm really not in the mood to get soaked.'

I let out a sigh as I tried to mentally and physically prepare to go out. I forgot to bring my umbrella because I didn't look at the weather. I was lucky enough that it started raining after I entered Jujutsu high.

"You should've brought an umbrella, (L/N)," I heard Nanami speak from my left. He was opening his umbrella, stepping out.

"I know," I sighed yet again as I heard the rain pitter-patter against the wet pavement.

"I'll walk you home."

"Really? You're constantly helping me, I don't want to overstep your bound-"

"I'm offering because it's not a trouble and because I am okay with doing so. Come, before the rain worsens," Nanami stepped closer to the entrance to block off any rain from hitting me.

I hummed happily as I joined him, "thanks, Nanami."

"It's nothing to thank me for."

As we made our way out of the school's territory, I couldn't help but notice the edge of his jacket was getting wet. Just as I was about to point it out, I got a barrage of notifications coming from my phone.

Irritated, I opened my phone to check as we walked.

_______

Annoying Parrot:
(F/N)
(F/N)
(F/N)
(F/N)
Answer meee

Me:
What do you want, Satoru

Annoying Parrot:
Did you leave the school already??
I told you to wait for me 🙄

Me:
You never told me shit
Too late now

Annoying Parrot:
How did you even leave in the first place?
You don't have an umbrella

Me:
Nanami is walking me home
Read 3:38 PM

_______

I felt Nanami grab my arm and move us to the side, "careful, there was a puddle."

"Right, I'll pay more attention," I put my phone away, seeing as Satoru just left me on read. I didn't really see the issue of me leaving before he had the chance to walk me home. At least I think he wanted to walk me home.

"Nanami," I looked up at him, "your shoulder is getting wet."

"I know."

I shook my head, amused yet in disbelief, pushing his hand to the side so that his shoulder wouldn't get rained on. I felt some of the rain hit my hip and shoulder, but I didn't mind.

I felt Nanami grab my shoulder, bringing me closer to him, "it would be rude of me to let your clothes get soaked."

"I could say the same thing," I huffed out a laugh, looking down at the ground. That's when something further ahead caught my attention, a brown box next to a building. There was a blue blanket covering majority of the box.