Chapter 5: Prandium

The light from the rising sun was visible even from behind my closed eyes. Definitely stayed up too late last night. What was I even doing?

Something moved in the bed next to me, and my eyes fluttered open to look directly into those of Ahsoka Tano. Wait, what?

I lay frozen for a moment before the memories from last night came back— the ship. The clones and the Jedi who were currently living in my house.

"Morning," Ahsoka grinned.

"...hi," I replied, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that last night hadn't been a dream. "You're real?"

"Last time I checked, yeah." She stretched, then yawned, again exposing the sharp teeth of a predatorial creature.

"...awesome. I thought I dreamed the whole thing."

"Nope, we're here, stranded on a planet we know nothing about, and until we have our ship fixed, we have no way home."

"Well, luckily, you have me as your guide through this strange new world," I said, sitting up to dramatically pose like a superhero. "You'll be fine!"

But Ahsoka did bring up a good point. This wasn't a fun vacation for them– they were stuck here. Not to mention, with the war raging in their galaxy, the Republic was missing several of its most vital soldiers– even a member of the Jedi council. Despite the fact that the war was just Palpatine/Darth Sidious fighting against himself, there were still battles that needed these Jedi and troopers to fight in them so more people wouldn't get hurt. They had to return to their home galaxy sometime, much to my disappointment. Maybe I could go with them, my mind whispered. Don't get your hopes up, I rationalized. Obi-Wan just might have me tell him how to end the war in a better way. I might not actually get to go to space.

Sometime in the middle of my internal monologue, Ahsoka had gotten out of the bed and left the room. I stretched and yawned (noting my lack of awesome fangs with disappointment) then closed the door to get ready. It took all my self-restraint to not choose to wear a Star Wars shirt. It would be SO FUNNY if I walked downstairs wearing a Captan Rex t-shirt, I thought, imagining the reactions. In the end, though, I vetoed the idea and chose a different one.

I put on my prosthetic leg and the one piece of jewelry that I wore every day: a purple crystal necklace I'd gotten in Puerto Rico. This was the only jewelry I ever wore unless it was a very special occasion. I fastened the necklace around my neck, then left my room.

I poked my head into the doorway of Anakin and Obi-Wan's room, knocking on the wall. "Good morning," I said.

"Hello, Viria," Obi-Wan greeted with a soft smile. He was sitting on the side of the bed, one leg hanging off, dressed in only his pants and a loose undershirt. His hair was ruffled in an almost cute manner.

"Where's Anakin?" I scanned the room, but there was no sign of him.

"Riiiight here," a voice grumbled from a pile of blankets on the floor. A black prosthetic hand extended like a sea monster rising from the deep and waved at me.

"...why are you on the floor?" I asked.

"Obi-Wan kicked me off the bed," he grumped. " Apparently I am both a blanket hog and a sleep talker."

"You are ," Obi-Wan informed him. "The first night we had to share a cot on a mission, he said, right in my ear at 0300 hours, 'it's a tauntaun hat sandwich, obviously!'"

I snickered, and Anakin made a sound of annoyance from the floor. "Shut up , Master."

Obi-Wan smiled. "What's the plan for today, if there is one?"