Nico has a rubber duck?

Start from the beginning

"Well? How was it?" I ask him unable to keep the smile off my face.

"Actually... pretty good." He laughs, and I think again about the time he laughed at the gas station, how angelic he looked with a smile on his face.

"Want to try some more?" I pick up a few different foods and he shrugs, which I take as a agreement.

I get him to try a bunch of different foods. He likes most of them, but not anything cheesy. He's also is terrible at eating properly. I have to wipe his face every five seconds because he makes such a mess. Eventually the sun sets and we eat the last of the snacks.

Nico looks at the clock in the back of the room.

"Ah Im sorry, I should go, Jules-Albert is waiting for me." He finally says, unaware of the Twinkie filling in his hair. I choose to ignore it as well.

"Who's that?" I ask him instead.

"My Butler" Nico walks out closing the door softly behind him.

Of course he has a butler.

The next few days in the mansion are spend getting to know the place, as well as It's inhabitants. I meet Jules-Albert, the familiar, a sort of magical servant, Nico explained, who is also a butler.

He doesn't seem to like me very much but he's not rude either. As for Nico, I'm still cautious around him, after all I've seen what he's capable of, and he's cautious around me as well for some reason.

The mansion is definitely old, with a gothic vintage style, but it's well kept and nothing besides the dungeon seems to be falling apart. It's also huge. Much bigger than it seems from the front. There's probably a hundred rooms based on how often I keep getting lost.

Nico sort of stays away from me except to bring me food, and neither of us bring up the deal or when he's next going to feed.

It's always in the back of my mind, slowly eating and me. I know it was probably a bad idea to come back here. To volunteer to feed a vampire, but it really wasn't as hard a choice as it should have been. When I got back I found out I'd been kicked out of my apartment. Which of course was terrifying, but I figured I could just save up money from my job, and sell Nico's car to rent a new place.

Except I was also fired.

And robbed, twice, both my money while I was gone, and Nico's car.

So I didn't have very many options. It was either a deadly vampire or the city streets.

What I told Nico was also true though, that I couldn't just let him die.

He might not be a human, but his life still matters, and I don't want his figurative blood on my hands.

I walk out of my room and over to Nico's. I've never been in there before, but I need to ask him something.

I wait a couple seconds, then I knock gently.

"Come in" I hear a sleepy voice say. I walk in slowly.

"Um... hi" I say. He looks up, obviously surprised to see me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me. Oh. I wasn't supposed to be in here.

"Sorry, I'll leave." I start to head towards the door but he grabs my hand. (do you get deja-vu?)

"No, you are welcome in here, what do you need?" He pulls me over to him and I sit next to him on his bed. His room is slightly smaller than mine, but still about the same as far as the inside. He only real difference is the portrait of a gently smiling man, hanging on the wall.

"Who is that?" I ask him pointing to it, what can I say? I'm overly curious.

"My father, he....died...awhile ago." He answers after a moment of silence. I sense there's more to the story but I let it go, for now at least.

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask you, um, when you'll next need.... you know." I look down awkwardly at me feet, pushing the carpet up and down with my shoes. He doesn't answer for awhile, until I look up him.

"I'm not sure, whenever you're ready I suppose. I should be able to control myself this time instead of completely losing my willpower." His voice is hardly loud enough to hear, and soft, as though he's telling a child that their pet died.

I nod.

"Are you sure? That you won't lose control this time?" I raise my voice slightly but not because I'm angry, because I'm scared.

"I know it doesn't mean much anymore, but I promise." He tells me, and he's right. It doesn't mean much to me after what happened last time, but it's better than nothing.

"Then I guess I'm ready." I announce.

He makes a little shocked squeak.

"Right now?" He asks standing up from the bed.

"Yeah, why not? I'd rather just get it over with" I respond, standing up as well.

He nods and carefully steps behind me.

"It's gonna hurt a bit," I roll my eyes, I remember. "I'm sorry." He moves my hair to the side and leans forward, most likely on the tip-toes to reach my neck. His breath tickles a bit flowing down my neck and bouncing off my shirt.

He brings his mouth down and I can feel the pin like pressure of his fangs.

His breathing is fast and nervous and he doesn't bite down yet.

It's agonizing waiting and waiting for the bite.

Then it finally happens.

It hurts, pretty bad. I flinch a bit but I stay silent.

The worst part is the draining feeling. It's like he's vacuuming up my blood. I shake a bit and the vampire wraps his arms around me to keep me still. After a minute the vacuum feeling stops and he pulls away.

I'm trembling but it's not even close to as bad as last time.

He kept his promise. 

A/N: Seeee? Cute! I think. Lmk if my lack of editing is making any difference. I'll be writing the next chapter like.... Right now.