"What happened to you? Did you find God or something?" He laughed.

"Found God? Yeah, right..." He sighed, "My friends told me off. They told me that I am really fucking evil and that I need help. Then they cut me off and said if I ever tried talking to them they'd beat the shit outta me."

"Looks like they kept their promise."

"Yeah, unfortunately..." He sighed once more, then gazed at me, "You look so good tonight..."

"Please, I'm a mess."

"I don't care. Your boyfriend's missing out..."

"Yeah, I know..."

"Aha! So he is your boyfriend!"

"No! I- shit..."

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. To be honest though, you guys are so obvious." I felt a piercing pain in my stomach as I thought of him.

"I don't really wanna talk about it right now..." He sent a concerned glance.

"That's alright..." We sat quietly for a moment before he spoke up again, "What's that on your arm?" I hummed. He pointed at the slightly faded marker on my arm.

"Oh yeah... I got really bored..."

"So are you into like, art n' shit?"

"Yeah, I guess so..." It went quiet again before he spoke once more.

"Do you wanna dance?"

"I dunno..."

"C'mon, it'll be fun." He stood up and held a hand out. I thought for a moment. I tried reading him. I tried finding something that signaled bad intentions. But I couldn't find anything.

"Fine, but only if you promise not to hurt me and my friends."

"Babe, c'mon, we've been over this. I'm not gonna do anything," I sent him a look, "Fine, I promise I won't hurt you and your friends. For the record, I wasn't gonna anyways!"

"Well, now you get to dance with me..." I took his hand and stood up.

"Cool..." My arms went around his neck while his hands held my waist. Slowly we swayed to the faint music playing inside.

"Look at us... we're matching..." I said, taking note of our tattered clothes and dirty faces.

"We are..." He chuckled, "So uhm... I was kinda wondering... can we be friends?" I smiled.

"Sure..." I gazed at his bruised and broken face, "Y'know you look really nice tonight too..."

"Thanks, you don't have to-"

"No, really..." I gazed at his hair. Clearly, he had put effort into it before his friends had ruined it, "You look great. As I said, we match." He smiled.

"Thank you..." It went quiet as we swayed to the beat of the sounds, "I'm sorry... I know I keep saying it, but you're so pretty..." I sent a smile.

"Billie I don't understand you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... you're really not messing with me?" He smiled and nodded.

"I know it's kinda weird."

"No, it's fine. I like you like this."

"Well I'd hope so..." He smiled wide. I smiled too. Then he began to laugh.

"What?"

"I just feel really good. Being here, dancing with you! You're so beautiful!" I kissed his cheek.

"You're so sweet." Suddenly I heard a door slam shut.

"Oh fuck, is that them!?"

"Billie where the fuck are you!?"

"Shit! C'mon, we can hide in my car." He took my hand and stealthily walked through the parking lot and to his car.

"I think we're good..." But I had spoken too soon. Fast foot steps were heard coming towards us. Quickly Billie unlocked his car door.

"Billie!" We climbed inside and shut the doors just before they could get to us.

"I'm sorry about this. I can take you home if-"

"Ah!" They started hitting his car. As we pulled out of the parking space, there was a loud scraping sound.

"Oh my fucking god you keyed my car!?" He cried, "What the hell is wrong with you!?" But now they were throwing rocks, "Get down, they're going for the fucking windows." I did as told. He finally pulled out of the parking lot and drove away.

"Jesus Christ..." I murmured, sitting up and gazing back at the parking lot, "That was crazy..."

"I know! I'm glad they have shit aim though..."

"Your car is still wrecked." I told him the way to my house as he drove.

I gazed around his already shitty little car. It was dirty and smelled vile. An air freshener hung from the rear view mirror, but it wasn't doing much. Trash littered the floor. Mystery stains decorated the walls. It felt like being in Frank's truck but worse. Even the music was the same.

"Black Flag?"

"Yeah, you like them?" He asked.

"They're awesome. My War is such a good album."

"Yes! It's so good."

"Frank always has them playing in his truck."

"I know I hear it every morning. I dunno how he can bare blasting his music that early."

"Now you know how I feel. Speaking of Frank, I uhm, again I'm sorry about what happened."

"It's no big deal. As I said, I totally had it coming. Last years prank was bad..."

"They told me all about it..."

"Yeah..." He sighed, "I thought I was so cool..."

"Well if it makes you feel better, I think you're cool now," I said, "There it is." He pulled into the driveway.

"I think you're pretty cool too."

"Thanks I'll uhm... I'll see ya later."

"Yeah, bye." We both waved as I got out of the car. I got inside with a smile on my face. That was actually... really fun...

Mclovin-
Oh em gee