Prologue

Word from the Author: Since this is my first book, please do expect grammatical errors and plot holes within the story. Be sure to vote for my story if you find it enjoyable. I will guarantee a rewrite as soon as I get a lot better at writing. Enjoy!

'Listen closely... Thoren, it's time you learn the truth of our world.'

Our vast world of Cenfold is home to a diversity of people, creatures, and monsters scattered across the regions where the environment best fits them. Few of the many species are gifted with intelligent minds and supernatural abilities, such as the Human race. Our kind can interact with blue streams of light that fly across the land, granting us incredible power. Over the years, five extraordinary streams of energy were discovered by our skilled sorcerers and were deemed too powerful for an individual to absorb. Thus, they were placed under the care of the newly formed ministry as a sign of peace and unity. Because of this, danger awaits them from another world. Traveling by a dimension warp, an army set out to conquer Cenfold. They destroyed the capital and killed millions of our kind. By their actions, they were named the Erqrux race, meaning terror. In over three years, the Erqrux race ceaselessly conquered lands, leaving everything to ruin, but they were not to remain unrivaled. The ministry deployed an elite group of sorcerers to combat the invading race, claiming them to be humanity's future. The two opposing clans clashed in fury, further shattering land. Despite their best efforts, the Erqrux race remained powerful.

As a last resort, the ministry instructed the remaining military units to relocate to one location and form a stronghold for their last stand. This course of action costed millions of lives as military defenses all around Cenfold withdrew from their post, making the lands vulnerable. With every hope and dream entrusted to this stronghold, they were able to fend off the Erqrux, marking this as humanity's first-ever victory. They named the land "Posceales" meaning light, signaling to all of humanity that there is still hope. The Erqrux tried to take over Posceales countless times, which all were unsuccessful. During those invasions, the ministry created a school meant to train sorcerers. It was named The Posceales Academy of Sorcery. As time passed, more sorcerers were made, and Posceales' line of defense strengthened.

Things remained unchanged for a while until a young sorcerer joined the frontlines. Hadriel Anselm possessed a unique ability which proved effective in combating the Erqrux. It was named "bloodstream," given the bloody blade. Because of him, the Erqrux were pushed back a lengthy distance, expanding the stronghold of Posceales. More time has passed, and the stronghold officially became the capital of humanity. For the first time in 5 years, our people finally experienced peace. However it was short-lived.

As more time passed, Hadriel was slowly consumed by his ability and began searching for more power. During a council meeting, he requested the members to grant him power from the five energy streams. The members refused to give Hadriel the energy streams, infuriating him. He left the ministry and began searching for the streams himself. He started slaughtering his comrades, thinking it would lead the members to give him his desire. The concern eventually reached the ministry, shocking the members. In response to Hadriel's aggression, they conducted a special mission to hunt him down. Weeks have passed, and Hadriel's killing continues to be at large. One of the members, Ivaar Orian, decided to take matters into his own hands. He constructed a plan to trap Hadriel and presented it to the ministry. The members agreed, and the plan was carried out. Ivaar was reasonably confident that he would survive, given his skill level; however, the other members feared that this would be his last mission. After some time, Hadriel took the bait, activating the trap. The other members suppressed the bleeding killer and executed him on the spot. Hadriel's massacre heavily impacted the inner city of Posceales. Because of this, the members of the ministry, including Ivaar, swore to eliminate any individual who possessed the bloodstream skill.

Days after the situation was settled, the people of Posceales were now doubtful of the ministry's capabilities, causing it to disband into five houses of sorcery (Orian, Lunaria, Rezoneer, Ironheart, and Teswor). Fearing that a power vacuum would occur, the five houses created a new republic and hid the 5 energy streams in a place far from Posceales. Fortunately, everything went smoothly, and the five houses began to produce fine sorcerers for the academy. Five more years have passed since the ministry's separation, and technology began to work with magic. Battleships, energy weapons, and even artificial stream vessels were innovated, turning the tides of war. With the help of our new found technology, humanity was able to flourish once again. Posceales expanded further, and the republic began planning to create other cities. Meanwhile, the House of Teswor planned ahead and set off to occupy land outside Posceales. They were successful and named the area after the house.

The republic used Teswor as an inspiration and created the military capital of Ospela, and the strongholds of Otriela and Ruclax. As the new lands developed, the republic remained stagnant, causing the people of the strongholds to break out of its leadership and become autonomous. Hearing the news, the land of Teswor began supplying the strongholds to maintain the republic's progress. A few years later, Posceales was taken by the Erqrux. The republic shattered, and thousands have died. The four houses tried to suppress the Erqrux, but failed doing so. Teswor and Ospela received a request for assistance and took action. The sorcerers later discovered that the Erqrux race mutated into powerful life forms. A troublesome battle took place for half a year until the Erqrux were driven out of the city, restoring Posceales.

The damages were repaired, and the people of the capital lived in peace once more. A temple was constructed to preserve the rich history of humanity. It will be engraved on the walls for future generations to behold.