Trance

I watched as the masked beauty took the stage; everyone around us, including myself, seemed entranced, every step calculated and graceful. Unlike the rest of the dancers, she paid no mind to the men below her, although they were holding out tons of money trying to grab her attention. She danced around the pole for a while before finally taking flight; that was the only way to describe how she worked the bar. I was utterly mesmerized by Onyx's movement, and the first song was finished before I knew it. She walked off, and someone came onto the stage, collecting all the money. The floor was covered entirely.

"She's good, right? And that was just the warm-up; her second one is usually the show stopper, but next time throws some money up there." Ned chuckled, waving over a bartender, and he did not lie.

As the second song progressed, I was a massive fan of how she commanded the crowd without even looking at us. She was like a goddess holding us all in a trance; if she were to slaughter us, we wouldn't even see it coming or care as long as she kept dancing. She grabbed onto the pole and slowly started walking on air until she was at the top. When she made it, she did a couple of turns before going into a split and letting go with her hand dropping until her nose was a few inches away from the ground; when she did so, I saw a very distinct mark on her leg that read "A12" and that took me out of my trance. When I looked back up, she was staring at me, or at least that's what it felt like, but before, I couldn't dwell on it because she dismounted the pole and exited the stage.

"Thanks. I had a lot of fun, but I got to go." I placed 40 dollars on the table to pay for my drink and Ned's before quickly making my way out of the club. I had to ensure I didn't lose her now that I had found her. To think she'd been under my nose this whole time as a stripper. I had gotten the blueprints of this place before showing up beforehand, and I was glad I did. The girls' only exit was from the backdoor that led directly to the employee parking lot. I also knew that a bodyguard always followed the girls to ensure they safely made it to their car.  I got into my car and parked in a way that allowed me to see whoever was leaving the parking lot without being seen myself. A few moments later, a hooded figure came out, and instead of walking toward a car, they climbed on a chained bike.  I felt this was prisoner 12, so as soon as she got a little up the street, I followed with my lights off.

After about 20 minutes, she turned down the alleyway which would force me to go on foot; if what her dossier said was true, then it wouldn't be the wisest decision, but I couldn't lose her when she was already within my sights; I wanted this mission to be over already. I got out and hid behind a trash can. She didn't seem to know I was trailing behind her as she rode her bike. Still, I didn't want to risk my vantage point, so I waited to see how far she'd go, but luckily she made it to the end of the alley before it turned off and got off the bike, leaning it against a wall; I moved closer ducked behind another trash can I did not miss this part of missions. I watched as she jumped up, pulling down the fire escape ladder, making quick work climbing to the top, and going through a window. Now that I knew where she was staying, I decided it was best to head back to my car. I knew nothing of the layout of the building, and giving chase now would not be a smart move.

From here, I just needed to get indisputable proof it was her. I could then call SM Franks and get the hell out of here and back to my regular life. Still, until that time came, I needed to go back home and get the blueprint for this building and prepare myself for the fact that the half-naked women I just saw dancing a the pole might be putting up a fight soon and could win.

****

I learned this was one of the few abandoned buildings on the outskirts of town, and I planned to enter from the opposite side. I didn't know if Prisoner 12 had boobytrapped it, but it was a risk I had to take. A simple tattoo wasn't enough proof, so I would go there tonight while she was working.