Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

I helped Deja get comfortable in her chair befa' walking over and sitting down in mines.
"You good over thea'?" I asked her as I picked up my menu.
She nodded her head and picked up her menu to scan it as well.

"Hello, my name is Katy and I'll be serving you guys today. What would you like to drink?" She asked us.

"I'll take a sweet tea." I said.
"Uhh I guess I'll take the same with heavy ice and if you would please give me a extra cup of ice but in a to go cup please." Deja said.
Pregnant ass always had to make things difficult.

"Alright I'll be back shorty." Katy smiled and walked off.

"So are you happy with the gender?" Deja asked me.
"Yeah I'm coo' wit' it. You?" I looked at her.

"Yeah I am. Can't wait to go shopping finally. You going to come over one of these days so we can paint and set up the room at my place?"

I nodded my head. "My work schedule pretty much free this week, so whenever you need me just hit me up."
We both agreed not to reveal the sex until whenever we had the baby shower.

"Alright good."
Katy came back with our drinks. "Are you guys ready to order now?" She asked.

"Ion' know bout ha' but I am." She nodded. "Let me get a order of the Tijuana chicken wings and just some French fries." I closed my menu.

"And for you?" She turned to Deja.
"I'll take just the Cobb salad with grilled chicken, no cheese and no bacon please. I guess I'll try the light ranch dressing too." She scrunched up her face.

Our menus was takin' up.
"I see you eating better. Getting them stress levels down is next Miss lady." I said as I put some ChapStick on.

"August I'm trying but it's so hard. Rude ass customers at work always complaining about something, my parents, this baby and now the confirming of me having pre eclampsia, I'm stressed."

"Sometimes you gotta let the lil shit go. Them bitches at the shop you gotta tell em, if you don't like my bidness then you can get the fuck out, straight up. As for your parents ion' know em' like that so I won't say much but fuck it and let em' go and move on." I shrugged.

"That's way more easier said then done. What's been up with you lately anyways? You just seem.....not yourself. Tell Camila I've been trying to hit her up, I need to talk to her."

"I'm good and we no longer communicate."
Her eyes got big. "But you guys are living in the same household so how does that work?" She asked she poured her dressing over her salad.

I opened my pack of ranch and licked my finger, "Nahh she left."

"Where did she go then?"
I shrugged.

"Why you acting like you don't care August?"

"Cause I don't." I bit into chicken wing.
She straighted faced me. "There was a time when you worshiped the ground that girl walked on, so for you to sit here and say you don't care is completely bull shi--- crap." She corrected herself.

I laughed.
"Man I believe I took Deja out to eat so we could talk about her not Camila."

"I know, but I like her and I truly wanted her in my baby's life." She wiped her eyes.

"Whatcha' crying bout Deja?" I asked since I couldn't believe she really just shed a few tears.

"Nothing."

I sat my French fry down, "So you crying bout nothing?" I asked her.

She sniffed a little.
I grabbed a napkin to cover my mouth as I laughed at her, she joined in.

"Man you showin' out....fa' real." I sipped my tea.

"It's not my fault." She laughed.

*I know in the beginning I said Eva Pigford would be Chanel but I've changed it.
Chanel is now Zoe Saldana and Deja is now Eva Pigford instead!
       I had to give yal' a update, but sadly this book will be ending soon

   I also updated, What's Done In The Dark