I Don't Wanna

I don't wanna be...
Be without you, be without you
I don't wanna live...
Live without you, live without you
I don't wanna go...
Go without you, go without you
I don't wanna be alone
-Aaliyah

°Camila°
"August get up!" I yelled before stepping into the bathroom. He didn't even budge.

I stepped into the shower and let the steaming hot water penetrate my skin a little before lathering my rag and washing my body.

Once finished I turned off the water and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my wet body. I went into the bedroom and saw a still sleeping August balled up with his mouth all open. He was knocked out cold.

I walked over to the other side of the bed and got on. Playing with his little twists. I traced his little beedy eyes, tiny nose and strong jaw. He threw his arm over me and rubbed my back.
"August you gotta get up." I said to him.

"No." He said stubbornly.

"Your gonna be late for your Deja's appointment."

"Oh shit." His eyes shot open.

"Oh shit is right. Now get up."
While August took ten years to get up, I went into his bathroom to brush my teeth before he took it over. I scrubbed my face last and moisturized it. August came in and peed, my cue that it was time to go.

I went into my room and closed the door. It was a pretty day so I dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a plain white tank top. I put lotion on my arms and legs and threw on a long light brown cardigan and some sandals. I didn't feel like doing my hair so I slicked it back and put it in a low bun.

"August?" I said as I stepped back into his bedroom. I heard the shower running and went into his bathroom, opening up the shower door.

"I'm gone." I said.

"You gon' be at Lani house right?" He asked as he washed.

"Yeah."

"Aight' I'll be by afta'."
I nodded my head and pecked his lips a few times.
-

"I can't believe we're not cooking tilapia tonight." I laughed.

"Girl I know." Ty said he's tired of it."

"Oh god. How you guys doing?" I asked while cutting up the raw chicken breast into strips.

"We're good. TJ wants to stay with us for the summer, but Tasha is acting so stupid." She shook her head.

"But for what?" I asked.

"She wants him to spend time with her family down in Texas."

"I mean I'm not trying to knock her or anything but yal' do everything. Take him back and forth to the doctors, dentists, help him with homework and all. She's slack as hell."

"Yes. Every time things don't go her way she threaten Ty with child support and won't let him see his child until she ready. I keep telling Ty to let her do it, at least he'll have visitation rights. Shit money isn't a issue. She can get her lil stacks every month. She so damn phony man, telling her family he doesn't do anything."

"No way." I said surprised.

"Yes girl. I try to keep my mouth shut about certain stuff, but that right there is pushing it. Acting like he gotta have the best of the best knowing she ain't got a pot to piss in."

"I just hope August doesn't have to go through that." I said.

"You actually trust and believe Deja is going to be different after yal' lil chi chat?"