Twisted

But I gotta be strong
Did me wrong
When I thought we were really down
So you say you want me
Make up your mind
Cuz I'm not gonna be here for long
-Keith Sweat

°Camila°
As usual I checked myself out before gathering my things, getting out the car. I looked around while pushing my sunglasses up entering the restaurant.
"Hello, only one today or will there be more joining?" The friendly host asked me.
"No. I'm actually here for Beckham."
"OK, this way sweetie."

I followed her to the table where I saw Odell and his mother engaging in a conversation. When she saw me a smile immediately appeared. As I got closer she stood and hugged me long and tight.

"Camila, I'm so happy to see you baby." She said once she finally let me go.

"I know it's been forever. How's life?" I asked sitting down removing my shades.

"It's not so bad, and what about yourself?"

"I'm healthy and breathing so I won't complain."

"Hey Camila." Odell spoke up.

"Hi Odell." I said drly not once taking my eyes off the menu.

I ordered my food and drink. While I waited I talked to his mom.

"So are you still coaching up at the university?"
"I sure am, waiting on my son to join me since he doesn't play professionally anymore." She looked over at him.

"Mom please don't start this." He sipped his drink.

"Camila can you talk some sense into him? He could be making millions doing one of the many things he loves, but noooo he rather stay here just to please Chanel." She shook her head clearly disappointed.

I kept quite and thanked God for my food arriving.

"Look, Chanel had nothing to do with my decision. I've told you that already."

"Yeah right. What's going on between you two? Haven't made eye contact since we been in here." She questioned.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, looking over at Odell to respond.
"We haven't been on speaking terms due to some stuff."

"Stuff like?"

"Nothing major." He simply responded.

"I don't believe that, but anywho we're going to see his dad and I'm sure he would love to see you, care to join us? She asked

I put my fork down, "Oh I don't want to cut into you guys family time."

"Camila, you are family."
I instantly smiled, "OK why not."

-
I absolutely hated hospitals, they always freaked me out. From the sick people to the dead bodies, I couldn't stand the thought.
As we made our way to the room I hit ignore once again. August had been blowing me up, but I refused to answer his calls. He would have a fit if he knew what I was up to.

When I first saw Mr. Beckham I didn't recognize him at first. He was so thin it was scary. I always remember him being so heathy and young looking. This cancer was really taking its toll on him.

"What's up pops?" Odell gave him a hug.
I stayed close by the door, not knowing how to approach him.

"Hey honey, you remember Camila?" His mom asked while sitting beside his bed.
He looked as if he was trying to remember. His eyes immediately lit up once he remembered.
"Camila? My favorite daughter in law?" He looked over at me.

"Hi Mr.Beckham!" I was so excited that he remembered me.
"Come here and give me a hug."
I gave him a hug. It felt really good to be in their presence again.

"Still going strong I see."
"I'm trying. One moment I'm good and then it goes all bad."
"Well don't give up."

"I won't. How have you been? Still friends with my knuckle head son?"

"I've been good." Completely ignoring his second question.

"What about your dad? What's his number anyways? We have some catching up to do."

"He's really good. I know he would love to see you." I said writing down the number.
-
I spent hours just chatting and catching up with them. It was like old times and for once Odell and I got along and had a few normal conversations. It was getting late and I decided it was time to head home. Mama H wanted to follow me home to make sure I made it safe, I didn't bother to put a fight because I knew I wouldn't win.

Once we made it I got out and walked over to her car, "Thanks."
"Your welcome, thank you for coming to see him, I know Odell appreciates it as well."
We said our goodbyes after chatting for a little while longer.

I made sure my car doors were locked. I froze when I looked up and saw August watching me while sitting on the hood of his car. I swallowed hard not knowing what to say, "Hi." Is all I managed to get out.

He just kept looking at me, "Das' all you got ta' say?"

"What am I suppose to say?" I folded my arms.

"That's whatcha' been doing all day? Playing worlds best daughta' in law?"

I looked away not wanting to argue with him.
"Oh so you ain' got shit ta' say nah?" He got up in my face. His New Orleans accent was very thick at this point.

"I'm not doing this with you tonight and I did call these people my family once."

"It's not about that! I been real quite and staying in my lane when it came to this nigga, but fuck it no more of that."

"What's the problem? What has he done to you?"

"When it come to him you get real fuckin' sneaky."

"Sneaky? You should be the last one to call anyone sneaky."
"Yeah sneaky. I been calling you all day tryna' make sure you was straight, but instead of you answering you gotta forward a nigga calls."

"You act like I have to tell you my every move! I'm getting tired of you sweating me about silly shit. You always want me to tell you things but when the tables turn you can't even do it."

"I ain't the one taking calls in private, going to meet up with niggas at they house."

I was caught off guard when he said that. He was out of town so how did he know I went and saw Odell?

"OK and? I never said anything about you forever in the clubs with randoms all over you, who knows what goes on when I'm not around or all the ugly stares I get because of you."

"You getting em' cause they jealous. They wanna be where you at. I'm trying to build something witcha' but you to fuckin' dumb to see that."

I was appalled by the way he was speaking to me, "Build what with me? You can't even tell me what went on with your ex. You tell me that you want me but you don't show me!"

"Shut the fuck up wit' that stupid shit. I been doing nothin' but breaking my back for you just to show you what I want. Every time I try and talk or throw hints you just brush that shit off like my feelings don't matta'.

"Texting Deja still isn't a very good way to show me." I shot back.
He threw his head back in frustration. I saw his jaw clench.

"You know what, you should just hit me when you tired of playin' around."
He kissed my cheek and walked off. I watched as he unlocked his car doors, he gave me one last look before getting in and speeding off.