66. G Clarkey - Snow [CHRISTMAS SPECIAL☃️]

Start from the beginning

"Take your time." George's voice made you jump, though you could hear the smirk his voice, implying he had meant to give you a fright.

"Take your arse out my flat, Caspar the hostile ghost." You rolled your eyes, though he could tell you were joking by the smile that lit up on your face.

"I look like Casper the friendly ghost right now," George chuckled. "I'm probably paler than the snow outside."

"You aren't pale!" You denied, his face lighting up for just a second. "You're bright pink."

George's face fell and you giggled. It was true though- the tip of his nose and the apples of his cheek were pinched pink from the Winter freeze. 

"You just wait, I'll get revenge soon." George held out a hand. Slapping your hand into his, you let his mitten lead you down the stairs, looking back to you every so often and giving you sparks of excitement as you opened the door to the apartment block- stepping out into the cold.

The snow still fell gracefully and in thick clumps, the ground forming a thin blanket already. The couples were busy taking photos (or photobombing) one another, and a few other people were occupying the streets as well- everyone looking like brightly coloured marshmallows- clad in their winter woollies. 

It was George's first London Winter, you realised.

Turning back to him, your heart only further melted further. His eyes were wide, lips slightly parted with translucent clouds forming with each exhale. The bright yellow lights reflected in his eyes almost magically- his expression reflecting that of a kid in a candy shop, overwhelmed by the beauty of the snowfall over the streets. 

Little specks of snow landed in his hair and lashes like sparkling diamonds, contrasting the handsome brunette so beautifully you could only whip your phone out to take a picture from him- interrupting his trance as the flash shone in his vision. 

"Do I look sexy?" He questioned with a little grin. 

"Obviously." You laughed, passing the phone to him. "Go on, get some pics for me would you?"

George took the phone happily, pushing you to the streetlight to stand beneath. "Smile," He grinned, running backwards a few paces to try and get a photo- but stumbling as his foot hit the curb.

Either arm swung back as though he were doing back-crawl- phone flying out of his hand as his body wobbled over the curb, in a state of limbo between falling onto the street and jolting back onto the pavement.

George jumped back and crumpled on the thickened, snowy street with a groan, yourself letting out a cry of laughter attracting the attention of the rest of your group as they realised George's mistake and fall.

You jogged to get to George, though Will and Chris got there first and were already laughing at him- Alex being the first to jump on top of their friend before Chris and Will joined. And after recovering your phone, Arthur also joined the pile, whilst George flailed beneath the whole lot of them.

And that started everyone making snow angels besides one another- uncaring for the London road's grime beneath the snowy layer which your limbs swept through. 

You felt George's hand brushing yours each time you spread an arm, and as you got up George wrapped an arm around your shoulders and smiled at how it looked like your little people were holding hands (or wings)... And that had Chloe giggling from behind you, as your number one supporter in delusion that George had a fat crush on you.

And then Cam threw a handful of snow at Alice, which started a snowball fight- Chris, Will, George, Cam and Alex on one side- and Alice, Chloe, Mia, yourself and Arthur on the other side.

"Why am I going on this side?!" Arthur exclaimed as Chris pushed him out from behind the fort they began setting up. 

"You're the most feminine- just go join their team!"

Arthur was the most hardworking then at assembling a fort as well as pre-making a mountain of snowballs behind your barricade. But Chloe was first to launch an attack, running across the gap with a scream and arms full of snowballs. Cam was stupid enough to pop his head over his wall at the sound, and got pelted by Chloe's fire. 

After that it was chaos. 

You let out a scream, feeling a hand land flat on your head- icy powder landing atop your head and sliding down the back of your neck like a knife.

"Told you I'd get revenge!" George giggled before running away with high knees so that he didn't fall over this time. You scoffed, shaking to try and hurry the ice down your back as he came back.

"Watch your back tonight, Georgie." You threatened with a grin you just couldn't wipe off your face as you delivered the threat. George put a mittened hand to his chest whilst he leaned back, laughing.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked, leaning forwards with a taunting smirk, his face only a few inches from yours.

"You don't even wanna know," You responded with a smirk of your own. "All I can advise is to sleep with one eye open, tonight..."

"If you were sleeping next to me, I'd keep both eyes open," George's smirk began softening into something different. His lips were no longer curved into a cruel smirk, but instead an almost domestic looking smile, his mellowed demeanour contrasting the taunts as he whispered: "Couldn't miss a chance to look at you..."

You sucked in a sharp breath of air at his words, all too confused by his change in demeanour. Suddenly the short distance between your faces was all too distracting. His dazzling blue eyes just a few mere centimetres from your own- the misty clouds that escaped your lips grazing the delicate stubble across his jaw that was all too close to yours.

"Is that an invite?" You quirked a brow, and George's smile only widened, the flirting that came all too easily to you making your whole body heat under your thick puffer, the pre-nerves of what was going to come out of your confidence making your anxiety fly through the roof- yet the adrenaline exhilarating you and keeping you on edge for George's response.

"Only if you wanna take up on it." 

"Hmm, kiss me first and then we'll see."

You don't know what strange confidence spoke on your behalf, but you were glad it had, as you closed your eyes and felt his lips crash onto your own. His cocoa lip balm melted on your lips and ran through your mouth, lighting each individual nerve in your body on fire as his mouth moved against yours- lips warm and heavy, melting and heating your heart all the way to your fingertips, contrasting the firm Winter pinch to your cheeks.

Only did you two pull away to suck in a deep breath as you heard cheering. Turning your heads to the side, the whole group was seen in a huddle, clapping and jumping, Chris even with his phone out, clearly proud of the two of you finally getting it.

Looking at George's flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes through a cloud of exhaled mist, you felt a giggle escape your lips, giddy on the feeling of sheer joy that lighted your heart- only able to clasp his face within mittened hands once more and pull his lips back onto yours, savouring the winter spell that brought the two of you closer and started whatever this was.

-----

Thought I'd do some extra seasonal fluff bc MERRY CHRISTMAS HOES!!!!! (Say it back :) )

Hope you're all having the best Christmas alone or with family or with friends- opening presents, eating together, watching movies n sharing traditions....

much peace n love and best festive wishes,
   Grac :))