66. G Clarkey - Snow [CHRISTMAS SPECIAL☃️]

Mulai dari awal

Could you really blame yourself for crushing on George when he did shit like that which got your heart racing every time you got comfortable with him?

It was comfy. It was cosy. And it felt like there was a warm fireplace happily sparking and glowing in your heart as you felt so loved with George. Like an old married couple, cuddling under a blanket and watching outdated Christmas films, rocking back and forth on the armchair...

Sure, maybe that was over-romanticising the friendship between you two, but it didn't stop the festive ideas from cropping up in your head as you zoned out to the movie.

Besides, after hearing all of George's jokes of being single and uninterested in relationships- you'd convinced yourself you weren't gonna be the one to change his mind. 

Instead, you simply focussed on the feeling of George's breathing- the way his breath fanned over the top of your head, synonymous with his chest which rose and fell slowly, like Autumn leaves falling gracefully to the ground as Winter came and went. You synchronised your breathing to his own, inhaling his fuzzy rosemary cologne- a mere reminder of how fulfilled you'd felt over Christmas dinner just a few nights ago as your heart seemed to be filling with adoration with each breath. It was ironic, the way you could feel your stomach  filling with butterflies like a giddy teen as you tried to pay attention to the movie instead of looking up and just admiring George from your angle. You couldn't help it; he was plainly gorgeous.

Over on the other armchair, you'd caught Arthur's eyes a few times, whilst he'd been giggling and elbowing Chris to look at you and George- miming kissy-faces and making hearts with their hands. You could only roll your eyes at their antics, though their loving mockeries only fuelled your George-filled thoughts. 

Could he ever even like me? You questioned yourself all over again. It wasn't infrequent to have these thoughts. He's so pretty, so fucking pretty all the way down to the way he talks and his personality, would he ever see me as more than a friend? He doesn't get shy around me- he was perfectly fine and unperturbed with asking me to sit on his lap... Is he just THAT comfortable with me? Is he just THAT secure in the fact we'll only ever be friends...?

The smell of ginger cookies lingered in the room- left to stay warm in the oven. The warmth of George's body snug against yours, as well as the lilting aromas of ginger and rosemary had you lethargic all over again- eyes becoming droopy- almost heavy as marble as you let them shut, George's rocking of the chair back and forth reinforcing that tiredness in your demeanour as the sun sank lower and lower in the sky, your head nestling into George's body as clouds darkened the blues to black just as-

"GUYS, LOOK, IT'S SNOWING!!" 

Will's high-pitched excited little Geordie squeak awoke you abruptly. He pushed Mia off his lap to go and press his face to the window- Mia and the rest on that sofa quickly following, to catch a glimpse of the thick white fluff cascaded from the woolly clouds above. 

George only scooped you up again, letting out a giggle as you squealed and made the move to wrap your arms around his neck whilst he walked you to the window to observe the snowfall, the feeling of his biceps underneath you and fingers over your sweater giving you thoughts you knew you shouldn't be getting so easily, and you let out a gasp at the view from the window.

It was beautiful.

Before you knew it, the boys had clambered up a few floors to kit themselves in their puffer jackets, gloves and boots, whilst the girls had copped some of your older gear at the bottom of the wardrobes, before everyone rendezvoused back at your flat. 

You were too stuck trying to shove your fluffy socked foot into a boot, you hadn't noticed someone had stayed behind, whilst the rest had all clambered down the stairs to get out and into the snow.