18.

Natalie's POV

I was holding Athena's hand as we stepped outside to the backyard where a bit of people were at.

"Champagne?" One of the workers asked smiling at us "I can't drink" Athena said and I smiled at the worker "we're okay" I said to him and he nodded, walking away.

"You can drink, it's okay" Athena said wrapping her arm around my shoulder "you don't drink, I don't drink. We're in this together" I said putting my fist up so she can fist bump me which she did with a small cute laugh leaving her mouth.

"You're so cute" she said making me smile as she moved some hair away from my face "you're cute"

Shit like this used to make me cringe when I hear couples talk like this but I'd make an exception for Athena.

I would do the corniest, cringiest and most cheesy shit for this woman.

She makes me crazy in a good way.

I think about her every second of the day. I wake up and check my phone for a text from her because starting my day with a cute text from Athena is the best start to a day.

I read our chats every now and then because it makes me so happy.

Everything I've ever felt with anyone before Athena was bullshit.

The feelings I have for her are stronger than any feelings I have ever felt towards anyone.

I could look at her for days. I could listen to her talk for hours. I could watch her do her favorite things and not get bored.

She's my favorite person ever.

As I was admiring the beauty of the woman standing beside me, we heard people fighting which made us both turn to look.

"Are you fucking stupid?!" Victoria yelled at some guy as she held him by his clothes "the fuck is wrong with you?!" The guy yelled back pushing Victoria hardly, making her stumble back "she's drunk" Athena started walking towards them but she clearly had a hard time because of her dress and heels.

I held her arm and stopped her as I continued walking past her and getting closer to Victoria and the guy.

As much as I'd like to see Victoria get beat up, I have to let Athena see that I'm mature and secure about myself.

I stood in between them "she's drunk, it's on me" I said to the guy who started fixing his clothes "what the fuck do you want too?" I held Victoria's wrists when she reached up to hold me by my clothes "I'm not here to fight you, Victoria" I hate how much I like Athena.

"Leave me alone" she said pushing my hands away from her as she stumbled her way into the building again.

"I'm gonna go check on her" Athena said, holding her dress and lifting it up so she doesn't step on it as she walked behind Victoria.

I didn't want her to leave but I know it's really important for her to make sure that Victoria is okay.

Victoria and I's hate for each other started many years ago when we worked in companies at the same city which means we'll have to compete for the same clients.

And I also hated how successful she was and how amazing she was at her job. She got everything her way at the company and it killed me because I've always aimed to be as good as... her.

I hate saying that. Makes me feel like my dignity is being wiped with the floor but it's the truth.

Seeing her getting all the amazing deals and all the wealthy clients made me so jealous.

I tried to change my ways every now and then but there is something that attracted them to Victoria more.

I guess people like it when the person that handles their business with full professionalism and seriousness. Makes them feel like they're in the right hands.

My personality doesn't come out as a serious and professional person because I really like talking and being spontaneous with people I meet, it's an instinct for me.

I tried to be serious but I couldn't, it's hard when you meet sweet people. I have to be nice and kind to them, tell a few jokes here and there.

Victoria does not give a shit about that. She does not care if someone is sweet, pleasant, bitchy or a complete asshole.

She stays serious and professional which wins people over.

And it might win Athena over too.

I see how Victoria looks at Athena, it's the same way I look at Athena and I'm worried because Victoria is not ugly and has a serious personality which Athena might like but I'm too scared to know.

I've seen them laugh together, touch each other, kiss each other and I went over to Athena's place when Victoria was over so I'm guessing they had sex.

Athena said before that she doesn't have sex with anyone. She flirts with people but it doesn't get to the point where they fuck unless they make her feel safe and comfortable.

She said that to me when she was telling me that I made her feel safe with me.

It made me so happy at the moment but as time went by, I realized how threatening that can be when Victoria is in the picture.

And it's obvious that Victoria wants Athena just as bad as I do so it's going to be really hard to win Athena over when someone is fighting for her just as hard.

I'm putting my whole heart, mind and body just to make Athena like me a bit more.

I really want this girl.