XXXVI. Resentment

Start from the beginning

They didn't even know that the first thing they were doing when they came up from the countryside was committing a crime.

Even though I tried to force myself to eat the tasteless green soup, I didn't think they were bad people, so I gently grabbed Alex's sleeve.

"Ciel?"

"Your Highness, can you please listen to my request?"

When asked to listen, Alex deliberately lowered his gaze and listened to my story. He might laugh at me, but I told him what happened honestly.

"That's what happened."

"It's not like they're bad people."

"I'm jealous of hearing your song that I haven't even heard[1] before."

"Yes?"

"No, nothing."

Alex smiled and patted my head.

A few days later, it was revealed that the men really didn't know anything, and they were released unharmed.

I asked Theo to hire the men, who suddenly lost their jobs, as janitors of the glass garden.

Well, it was only a little later that the men, who found out who we were, became stunned.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

AT THE SAME TIME, Stan sat cross-legged and received the report.

"So, where did the Crown Prince go today?"

"Well, I mean, the Duke of Valentine..."

Before he could finish speaking, Stan's foot slapped the servant's cheek. Stan looked down at the servant who had fallen to the floor and trampled his hand.

"Ugh, ah ah ah ah ah!"

"I should have said it clearly. If something like that happens, you must let me know in advance."

"Please, please, spare my life, Your Highness."

"Useless bastard. Take him away."

"Your Highness, Your Highness! Please give me one more chance!"

Stan ground his teeth towards the Crown Prince's Palace in the distance, ignoring the screams that were getting further away.

"Ciel, why?"

He couldn't even remember his childhood anymore, but he remembered the moment he met Ciel as clearly as then.

Small hands, green eyes, shiny blonde hair, and pale pink lips. He fell in love the first time he saw that adorable doll-like baby walking around. But the only time he could be with Ciel was when the Duchess stopped by the Imperial Palace.

No matter how hard he tried, it was of no use. He wanted to be with Ciel a little longer, but Ciel never looked back every time and returned to the Duchess' arms.

He made every effort to get Ciel's attention, but the more he did, the more Ciel hated Stan.

Stan, who had to have what he wanted to be happy, didn't know that his actions were wrong.

"Put it down and play with me."

"I hate you. I'm not going to play with Stan anymore."

Ciel pushed Stan away as he forcibly pulled his cheek. Recalling the words of the servant girl, who said that when boy said they didn't like it, it meant they liked it, Stan tried to force Ciel to kiss him.