Chapter 49 (part I)

"Friends come and go like ocean waves,

but the clingy ones stick like octopus tentacles."

Exasperated, she looked at Ishani.

"What?" Ishani raised her eyebrows. "Didn't you say you have some patients to check? Go, don't waste your time. I'll wait here." She focused on her mobile once again.

Nia pulled Riddhima aside. "Seriously?"

Riddhima glanced at her tiredly. "What do you want me to do? I've been trying to get her to leave for the past 2 hours. But she's adamant."

"So? Tell her that you don't want her to come with us. She's not welcome to spend time with us. If you can't, I will tell her."

"No... wait..." Riddhima stopped Nia. "I mean, let her tag along, please... I don't want any more fights... I... Nia..."

Nia huffed and left.

Riddhima turned to Ishani. "It might take more than 2-3 hours to finish my shift."

She gave a nonchalant shrug

Riddhima collected her necessary files and departed.

'Why was she doing this? She had been observing Ishani's peculiar behavior for the past few days. Whenever Riddhima visited Raisinghania Mansion, Ishani was always present. She didn't ask anything; she simply occupied the family hall, even when no one else was around. It was as if she awaited Riddhima's arrival.'

Technically, Riddhima didn't need to visit the house daily anymore. She was no longer Sia's doctor, and even Vansh didn't insist on having lunch together. He preferred spending time with her in the evenings after her office hours which was most spent somewhere outside. Riddhima was profoundly grateful for this arrangement because it allowed her some moments to be with her friends. These days, due to her commitments at work, time with Vansh, and late-night studying, she seldom had time for her friends. There simply wasn't enough time...

Thus, it was quite surprising when Ishani suddenly visited her in the hospital today. Ishani proclaimed her intention to accompany Riddhima for shopping. When Riddhima inquired how Ishani knew about her shopping plans, Ishani didn't bother to explain and patiently awaited Riddhima's completion of work.

Riddhima was aware that Nia wouldn't be pleased with this development, and her prediction proved true. However, Riddhima didn't want to decline Ishani's offer either. Somehow, Riddhima had a hunch that rejecting Ishani's proposal might upset her. She had sufficient experience with the Raisinghania siblings to comprehend how they reacted when upset...

'Should she approach Vansh? Was he behind this? No, she shouldn't doubt him, especially since he was giving her space.'

Lately, he's been persistently urging her to move back to his place or set a date for their marriage. However, she's been consistently stalling, thinking,

"Let's give it a little more time..."

Every time she asked for an extension, she could see him clenching his fist, glaring at some random object, shutting his eyes to rein in his temper, or even walking away for a few minutes and venting his frustration at someone over the phone for minor mistakes.

They've come a long way, and this version of Vansh is a far more improved rendition compared to the one she first met. Observing these gestures warms her heart. It instills a measure of confidence in her that he's truly dedicated to investing effort into their relationship. No, Vansh wouldn't send Ishani to keep an eye on her...