Chapter 41

"We all wear masks,
and the time comes when we cannot remove them
without removing our own skin"

He waited... waited and then waited some more but she never came. The last he checked, Mrs. D'souza, informed him that she was in Puja room. Sometime later Dadi entered and she left the room after 5 minutes. It was almost dinner time now, frustrated he left his study in search of Riddhima. He thought she will come to him pleading to release her sister, but nothing of that sort happened. 

Sia had messaged him that she did not speak to her, in fact, she had told her to leave her alone... What is going on?

"Where is Riddhima?" He snapped at one of the guards.

"Madam went to the backyard a while ago"

He strode over to Riddhima determined to find out what was going on in her mind.

His steps halted. He gazed at her in adoration and disbelief. Riddhima was sleeping on a bench in a sitting position. Her left hand folded on a bench rest supporting her head. She had removed her sandals, her feet lingering above soft ferns below. Few tendrils of her hair were obstructing his view of her face. He gazed at her calm face for a few minutes before he shook her awake. Sleepy eyes met his thoughtful gaze.

"Sweetheart, you okay? Why are you sleeping here?" He waited, expecting her to tear up or lash out at him in anger

"Umm..yeh" she was fully awake now "I was reading a book, I didn't realize when I fell asleep"

she answered back while putting on her slippers. 

She started looking for the book "oh here it is" she found the book under the bench

His eyes narrowed 'okay, If she does not wish to address it then he will keep quiet. Let's see for how long this goes on...'

"I think you are tired. Let's eat dinner and then you can sleep" he took hold of her hand

"Actually" Riddhima tugged at her hand and he let go "I already had my dinner. I hope you don't mind. I would prefer to go to sleep directly"

"Of course not" Vansh gave her a controlled smile "Let me escort you to your room" he held her hand once again