At this point, Nel had arrived back at the ranch and stopped moving. But I didn't care, I was too focused on Zayn's touch. The intensity tainting the air was getting thicker, and through my muddled thoughts, a part of me wished that Zayn's restraint would come undone.

I arched my back and threw my hands backward to grab Zayn's hair and he grunted. Just as I instinctively started rubbing myself against him, he gripped my waist and halted it.

With swift movements, he hopped down from Nel, leaving me shuddering. Like the warmth was disappearing from my body, the muddled, lust-filled thoughts in my head were also disappearing.

It happened again—I completely lost all sense of self and shame, like I was drunk.

I glanced at Zayn, confused and still in a daze. His eyes were closed and his eyebrows were furrowed in frustration as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Zayn?" I called out and he jolted.

The crease in his brows relaxed, as he did one last sweep through his hair. When he opened his eyes, his charming smile was back on. "Sorry, I just got a little hunger pang."

"Oh..." I muttered, trying to get down from Nel's back. "Do you want to go to a restaurant then?" As soon as the words left my mouth, I tripped over Nel's saddle. "Fuck—" I clenched my eyes, expecting to hit the hard floor. But instead, I felt warm pair of hands catch me.

Zayn's body didn't budge a bit as I plopped into his arms. He was steady; his feet feet rooted to the ground. He held me in a bridal style like I weighed nothing. "I doubt a restaurant would help, but sure. Let's give it a try,"

Having recovered from my momentary high, I covered my face with my hands, hoping to hide the embarrassment that was creeping up. "Okay..."

                                                                                            ***

The automatic doors parted open as Zayn guided me inside by the waist. After I raised the suggestion of going to a restaurant, Zayn proposed there was a nearby place he knew.

We were now at a place called Moon Stone Restaurant and Lounge. It was a place that looked fancy on the outside but also aesthetically comfortable on the inside. With large glass windows for walls, the place got a nice view of the riverside it was built next to.

The brushed gold chandeliers complimented the oak wood used for the furnitures and flooring.

Amberwood scent enveloped the air, mixing with the rich aroma of food.

"This place hasn't changed much since I last was here," Zayn said, holding my waist as we walked by the bar that was decorated with warm string lights, going further into the lounge.

With every black, oval marble table we passed, all the occupants would instantly turn their heads to us; their attention firm.

I don't have to be a mind reader to know, they were all staring at Zayn. The magnitude of attention he's able to pull just by walking by is incredulous.

As I scanned the lounge for a cozy spot to sit, Zayn suddenly paused and turned around.

"So my guess was right, he is keeping tabs on you," he smirked, staring off into the distance.

I followed his line of sight, only to see two figures walking in through the glass doors; one of which I'd recognize anywhere—Luke. The person next to him was of course Paris.

What the hell was he doing here?! This is bad. I blew off work today and ignored his text. If he finds me here with Zayn then...

"Uh, Zayn. Do you want to try another restaurant?" I squirmed. I needed to get out of this restaurant ASAP.