Chapter 22- Villain

The whole complex went silent except for Steve Aoki's "Boneless" playing for the pageant's background music. All eyes turned to the mysterious hooded man holding the microphone. Three security guards ran toward him.

The man flicked his right hand and it became engulfed in black smoke. He raised it up to his chest then produced a black whip which he used to smack away the guards, sending them flying and crashing into some students. He dropped the microphone then, from underneath his left sleeve, he slipped out a long, sharp sword, the Medieval type. How he fit that in there was a mystery. The guy seemed like a lunatic Game of Thrones fanboy who was going to take the whole complex hostage. But what was really terrifying was the black mist that was surrounding him as he walked on the red carpet.

Students all around were panicking and heading for the exits. The man didn't mind, he seemed focused on just one target.

Michael...

A deep, raspy voice said in Michael's head. For a second he thought it was the Voice who gave him the Butterfly. But this was just different, it was angry and somehow he knew the man in the hood was speaking into his thoughts.

Come here...

Michael stood in fear in front of the comfort room door as he stared at the black masked villain who was walking toward his direction. He couldn't use his powers here, with so many witnesses. Oh wait, yeah, time freeze.

He snapped his fingers. Nothing happened.

"Huh?" he snapped again. Still nothing. The man was already near him.

"Come on, come on, come on!" he snapped and snapped continuously but nothing was freezing. It was a life and death situation and his powers weren't working now?!

Michael's only option now was to run. He headed for the nearest exit beside the stage.

"Oooph!" Michael was knocked to the floor by a painful slam from behind. Who in the world did that? He saw the floor underneath him was being covered in black mist. Too late, he turned to see the man with his sword raised to slice him. Was this the end? Michael's whole life flashed before his eyes. His heart beat crazily fast. His hearing became muffled.

"MICHAEL!" he heard his friends shout in the distance.

"Cause and Effect," Michael said in his mind. He wished he had his two ancient weapons with him, atleast then he could die fighting.

"Goodbye, you fool," the man was about to bring down his sword, his jet black mask glinting in the light. Michael raised his hand to maybe block the blade. And then he remembered one last trick up his sleeve.

BOOM!

"Argh!"the man grunted as a flash of rainbow light blasted him away and he slammed hard into one of the game booths. The man rubbed his back and groaned in pain, he couldn't seem to get up. The black mist around him dispersed.

Michael got up and stood tall and confident.

"Wag mong mamaliitin ang Fluffy Shockwave," he said in a taunt. What he actually released was a smaller burst version of the Shockwave. It would appear that he could only use that power under extreme emotional situations, this was one perfect opportuinity. It didn't drain his energy as much as the full-powered shockwave but it certainly packed a punch. His work-outs really helped his stamina.

The man struggled to get up. Michael took that opportunity to run for his bag back at his seat. His friends were still there standing and waiting for him. That really touched Michael, that they would really stand for him.

Sarah shouted, "Mike halika na—"

"Guys! Takbo na kayo! Ako na bahala dito!" he shouted to his friends as he fished out from his bag his two weapons, Cause and Effect.

His friends understood he had the situation under control, so they headed out.

"Mike, bumalik ka ng buhay ha," Alora said before running away as well.

"Siyempre naman," he muttered to himself.

That got Michael's spirits back up. He turned to the man by the game booth

The man's hood was now pulled down, revealing his black, slicked back hair and light skin tone. The man's hands became engulfed in black mist again and he swung his sword furiously at the air then pointed it at Michael. He didn't seem like he was ready to give up, neither was Michael.

Adrenaline rushed into Michael, kicking him into high-gear battle mode. He wasn't trained in any sort of martial art but he thought he could improvise with some rainbow light tendril action.

His whole body glowed with the colors of the aurora borealis. It was time to face-off, baton on one hand and dagger in the other.

"You want me? Bring it on kuya."