Special Chapter 2- Lux

"One nil! One nil! Wooh! Pasok na tayo!" the team captain shouted at the top of his lungs as one of his teammates shot the winning goal.

The small audience in the bleachers went wild as Orange Shades won the match against Blue Manes. The atmosphere of good sportsmanship spread all across the field under the morning sun. The team in orange went wild jumping up and down the field and body slamming at each other. Some were shaking hands with some of the gloomy players in blue and cheering them up.

"Halika nga dito Shane! Nice assist bro! Galing niyo ni Kenny dun ah!" the captain pulled Shane's head under his arm then gave him a noogie of congratulations.

"Haha, thank you coach! Praise God, pasok na tayo sa league!" Shane broke free from his arm. "Wooh! Nice job Kenny!" he gave a bro hug to Kenny.

The audience began to get down from the bleachers and off to the exits. The teams began leaving the football field as well, cheering and pumping their fists in the air in victory.

SHANE...
He stopped as he heard somebody call out to him. It seemed to be coming from the field.

"Anong problema brad?" the captain said as he bumped into Shane who was in the way of the exit.
"Uh, wala lang coach. Susunod na ako sa inyo, parang gusto ko munang mag-cool down dito sa field," Shane said, but it felt like the words weren't from him, like somebody was making him say it.
"Ang init ah. Magco-cool down ka diyan? Haha. Pero sige brad sunod ka na lang sa KFC, diyan lang, yung malapit. Let's go team!" he patted Shane's shoulder then stormed out.

SHANE...
He followed the deep voice then walked to the center of the sunbathed green grass field but his feet seemed to be moving on their own. He looked up to the sun then, bright white light swallowed the whole stadium and Shane saw nothing but white.

"Good, young man," a deep gentle voice spoke from thin air. Shane snapped out of his trance.

"Huh? Ano 'to?" Shane looked around but saw no bleachers nor field. He looked down but didn't see his body either, everything was a pure white void.

"Child, this will be short. I grant to you power over physical light, light that can take form. To you I bestow the power known as the Pierce. The wielder of the Butterfly will need you soon," the voice said.

"The Pierce? Wielder of the Bu-" he was cut short as a dark small dark sphere appeared in the horizon of the white void then shot at Shane like a cannonball. He was pushed back then the white void disappeared and he was back in the middle of the field again. It was silent, everybody had left.

Bright white light emanated from his whole body. Shane felt a rush of incredible energy fill him and all his fatigue from the game disappeared.

"Woahhhhh," Shane was awestruck.

Shane heard his phone ring with his text message "Night Changes" tone from his bag. Then the light faded.

"Boy, that was your mother. She needs you to come home and cook rice. Do not argue. Just tell your team you can't come with them," the voice said which Shane sort of felt sad about.

"Worry not child, you have good reason to come home. Trust me. Also, you must learn to obey your mother. Stop staying out too late," the voice said with concern.

Then it was silent. Shane looked down and saw a ball of light the size of a football on the ground. He kicked it toward the goal net. As it was going to hit the pole, the ball unnaturally curved in mid-air and went into the net. Then the ball disappeared.

Looking amazed out of his mind, "Shane Randelo, you've got yourself some superpowers," he said with delight.