Special Chapter- Continuum

DANE...
A deep gentle voice called out.

DANE...
It seemed to be coming from the bathroom behind his table. He knew this café used to be some sort of haunted place before but he's sure the owners performed an exorcism or something before they made it into the hottest café in town. He mostly just went here to work on his various graphic designs on his laptop.

Dane thought somebody was calling him from the bathroom with a megaphone with its volume on low. He turned his head slightly to see the bathroom with his peripheral vision.

BOY, COME...

"Doors don't talk. Neither do they know my name," Dane whispered to himself. As if in a trance, he set his laptop on the table and put it on sleep mode, then he sat up and went to the bathroom. The moment he stepped in, the whole café disappeared and Dane could see nothing but a dark blue expanse of nothingness, a void.

"What the-"

"Young man, hold your questions and theories. To you, a responsibility I bestow," from the void spoke a deep gentle voice.

"Uhh, sino ka? Ano 'to? God? Is that you?" Dane asked.

"Ruler of the universe himself, you are spot on boy. I know you have a thousand questions bustling in your mind about all that is transpiring but hold them and bite your tongue Dane," the voice commanded sternly. It seemed a lot like the voice really knew Dane's knack for asking a million questions about every single small detail.

"I will make this short. I grant to you the Finite, a tiny essence of my power over the universe. It gives you limited spatial manipulation. Use it child, the wielder of the Butterfly will need you."

Silver light flashed like a flash bang grenade in the horizon of the dark blue void. Immediately a sphere of silver light hit Dane like a meteor. His whole body glowed a very bright white light and he felt powerful, like the feeling he got when he finished a 3D design of a castle after working at it for 9 hours straight.

"Duuuuddddde. I'm liking this," Dane said in amazement.

"That is all for now young man. Just take note that you can find out about your powers by asking your younger brother, he has all the ideas of what a matter manipulator can do," the voice said.

"My brother?" Dane wondered how his younger brother could help him control the essence of space itself. Maybe his brother's love for anime and comics will help, but that's a thing he'll have to think about later on.

The void began to fade and slowly the café's bathroom was slowly coming back. Dane could already smell the mix of coffee and lemon-scent of the air freshener.

"Now go use the Finite, Dane Randelo..." the voice and the void faded and Dane was back standing in front of the bathroom door. He heard people banging on the door and it felt like he was standing in the bathroom with the door locked for about half an hour.

"Hey! You've been there for like, half an hour!" the angry manager said on the other side.